¤ Chapter 5

I'm going to lunch. Don't forget to have lunch too.

Nate came out of her office after texting Julian. She didn't bring her lunch box today because Layla went to meet her customers. Actually, Nate was confused about where to go, since she had never lunch out before.

As she closed the door to her office, Nate heard the double doors open. She looked aside and saw Keith coming out of it. Unknowingly, Nate felt excited to see him.

"Going for lunch?" asked Nate.

"Yeah," replied Keith as he followed Nate's steps out of the building. "How about you? Have you had lunch?"

"I'm also going out for lunch."

"Okay, then."

Keith waved then left in the opposite direction from Nate. Nate stood on the pavement and looked left and right. While working at this company, she had never explored the area. Didn't Keith say there were lots of restaurants nearby? But Nate didn't see any of them around.

Nate went to the right, maybe there's a restaurant down the block. As she was walking down the street, looking at the buildings around her, a white and red scooter pulled up near her.

"Wanna go have lunch with me?" asked Keith, opening the visor of his helmet.

Nate nodded. "Okay."

Keith handed Nate a helmet and waited for her to get on his scooter. Nate sat behind Keith awkwardly. She has never ridden a scooter or motorbike with anyone before, including Julian. So she was at a loss as to where to hold on. Should she hold Keith's shoulder? Or his waist? Or should she just put her hands on her own thighs?

"Oops!" Nate automatically held onto Keith's waist as his scooter went over speed bumps.

"You can hold on to my waist," said Keith.

Nate held the side of Keith's shirt awkwardly. The man's scent greeted her nose. She never knew Keith always went to work on his scooter. For some reason Nate wondered how far the restaurant would go, but she didn't want to get there too fast at the same time.

"I thought we'd have lunch at a restaurant nearby," said Nate as they arrived at a restaurant a few blocks from the workplace.

"We would at first. But I think there must be a lot of our company employees having lunch nearby too. I don't want unpleasant rumors to spread if someone sees us having lunch together," said Keith.

Reasonable explanation. Nate followed Keith into the restaurant. It was quite crowded there because it was lunch time. They sat down at a table in the corner, and ordered fish and chips, and salad. Nate didn't really have an appetite for a heavy meal.

"Do you like working there?" asked Keith while chewing his food.

"This is only my second week, so I can't say much yet," replied Nate.

"Since you made it to week two, I'm assuming you're comfortable there," said Keith. "I'll be honest, if you weren't a resilient girl, you wouldn't even last a week in there. The job isn't hard, but the pressure from the marketers and the boss usually makes the new procurement choose to leave."

Nate bit her lower lip. "I'm fine with marketers, but... I've never met the boss. Is he scary?"

Keith laughed. "Not really. As long as you do your job well, I think facing the boss will be nothing compared to dealing with those fussy marketers."

Nate smiled. After they finished lunch, they returned to the workplace. Keith went to park his scooter while Nate quickly returned to her office. Apparently Devi was still sitting at her desk.