¤ Chapter 16

Julian looked at Nate from head to toe as he came out of the shower. Nate brushed her hair nervously.

"You're wearing a skirt," said Julian.

"Hm." Nate replied briefly, because Julian's words just now were more of a statement.

"You never wear any skirts."

"That's because you always oppose me when I wear a skirt, but that doesn't mean I don't like to wear it."

Julian stared at Nate for a few moments before he finally turned around and dried his hair with a towel. "I'll drive you to the workplace."

Nate immediately glanced at Julian through the mirror in front of her. "You don't need to. I can go by myself."

"You'll feel uncomfortable for riding a bus in a skirt."

"I'm not the only woman who rides a bus in a skirt in this city. You don't need to overreact."

After a tough argument, Julian finally let Nate go by bus. In fact, Nate doesn't really like wearing skirts, Julian even knows that very well. However, because Keith wanted to see her in a skirt, she went through her old clothes, and took out some of the skirts that Annie had given her from the storage.

Upon arriving at the workplace, Nate had been in the marketing room all morning, eager to meet Keith. However, the guy did not come. Her mobile phone just vibrated when she was going to the storage room to check on today's shipment.

"What're you doing?" asked Keith when Nate answered his calls.

"I'm arranging shipment," replied Nate. "Why haven't you come yet?"

"I'm with Mr Paul, so I'm not going to the office today."

"Ah, is that so?" Nate mumbled. "Why didn't you send a message to let me know?"

"I want to hear your voice, so I prefer to call you."

Nate's face flushed. She could imagine Keith saying that with his charming smile. She immediately put on a straight face when she saw Lily walking towards her.

"I've gotta go. Have a safe drive," whispered Nate.

"Okay. Have a nice day."

Nate hung up just as Lily comes in to give her the delivery note. After that, Keith didn't text her all day. Nate understand, since Keith might beside Mr Paul all the time.

Nate joined for lunch with Layla, Lily, Penny and Mrs Jenny in the kitchenette. Then Alicia came with food delivered by her boyfriend. Nate was secretly envied of Alicia's boyfriend who cares so much for her.

"How long have you guys been dating?" asked Layla while enjoying her food.

"We've been dating for two years now, and we're getting married later this year," replied Alicia with flushed cheeks, making them gasp.

"Really? Does that mean you're engaged?" asked Penny.

"Yes, the road we walked wasn't that easy either. The first time my boyfriend went to my parents to tell them that he was going to marry me, they were against it. Cause in their opinion, he didn't make enough for living. Triggered by that, he went overseas to become a professional graphic designer for a year. He saved some money, and then he returned to bought a property in Nottingham. Only then did my parents accept his proposal." Alicia narrated.

"I'm sure your parents did that because they wanted you to marry a man who's responsible for you. Your boyfriend has proven it, so you must value your relationship," said Mrs Jenny.