¤ Chapter 14

"Where do you keep the new shaver?" asked Julian who came out of the shower.

Nate, who was drying her hair in front of the dressing table, immediately turned her head away seeing him with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Here, it's in the drawer." Nate answered.

Julian opened the drawer and found Nate's wedding ring box inside.

"Why don't you wear your ring?" asked Julian as he opened it.

Nate turned to him. "Ah, didn't I tell you that the ring is too small for me now? I'm not comfortable wearing it." She answered nervously. "Besides, I don't really like wearing accessories. I do wear it, though, sometimes."

"In that case, should I take off my ring as well? I don't like wearing accessories either."

"It's up to you. If you don't feel like it, you can take it off. After all, don't girls still think you're single even if you wear a ring?"

Julian didn't answer and went back to shave. Sulking, he also left for work without saying goodbye to Nate. Nate didn't care. She didn't need his permission if she didn't feel like to wear her ring.

Of course Nate couldn't stay irritated for long. When she arrived at the the workplace, Keith brought her sandwiches and salad. He accompanied her to breakfast in her office until Devi came to work at her desk.

"I'm going back to my office." Keith whispered as he leaned to kiss Nate's lips then walked out of the room.

Since almost making love the other day, Nate had become more nervous around Keith. Indeed, there was no penetration or anything like that. However, as a woman who has only ever been touched by one man in her life, what she and Keith did yesterday was enough to be remarkable for her.

However, since Penny, who was a junior procurement staff now, returned, Nate's time with Keith has also decreased. Aside from Nate didn't need to go to the marketing room as often, Penny also took Nate to have lunch with Layla and Lily. Of course Nate was happy because she made a lot of friend. Unfortunately, Penny not only had lunch with her, but also went home with her. They took the same bus, but Penny got off first.

"Did you know Keith has a girlfriend?" Penny asked all of sudden while they were having lunch. Nate immediately turned to her.

"Isn't he single?" said Layla.

Penny shook her head. "No. He told me recently that he has a girlfriend. I know some of his exes, I even went with him to send some food to his girlfriend when he accompanied me to clients."

Nate chewed her food silently. Why was she jealous hearing about Keith's ex?

"But when I asked him about his new girlfriend, he wouldn't tell me." Penny continued. "He only said he would introduce her later when he got certainty about their relationship. I mean, if they're already lovers, doesn't that mean they're obviously dating?"

"Ah, I wouldn't be surprised if Keith had a girlfriend. He's too handsome to be single for too long," said Lily. "All of the things that I wonder is what kind of woman gives false hope to someone like Keith? What's he's lacking?"

"Sometimes, someone who looks perfect from the outside isn't necessarily perfect when you get to know them better," said Layla.

"That's right," said Penny. "You know, Keith would do anything for his girlfriend, but he's also get jealous a lot. He once told me about being jealous of his girlfriend's cousin."

"I think he told me about it, too," said Nate finally. "After that, didn't he find his girlfriend naked with the person she called her cousin?"

Layla and Lily gasped. However, Penny shook her head again.