¤ Chapter 19

I just bought some bread and butter. Put on the shirt that I prepared on the bed. Don't make a mess of the wardrobe.

Nate put her smartphone back in the drawer after texting Julian. He has been working overtime at his workplace for the past three days. However, she knew he comes home in the morning because he kept leaving his dirty clothes behind.

A thought suddenly popped into Nate's head. Did Julian really not want to see her anymore? Did he use work overtime as an excuse so he could go out and meet other women? Could it be that girl named Keane Penelope who called Julian that night?

Nate looked up as the door to her office was pushed open. She felt warmer when she saw Keith come in with a cup of coffee and a bag filled with her favourite sandwich.

"What's with the long face?" asked Keith as he placed the food he had brought on the table and sat down in the chair across from Nate.

"Nothing." Nate replied. She studied Keith from head to toe. "You look dapper."

"I'm going to accompany Alicia for a customer visit. We're not gonna mess around behind your back." Keith added quickly as he read Nate's expression.

"Are you two going alone?" Nate asked. She frowned even more when she saw a nod from Keith.

"It's her first visit, so I have to keep her company. She can go alone next time. You don't need to worry." Keith leaned over and whispered. "I have you already. That's more than enough for me."

Keith gave Nate a light peck on the lips then pulled away at the sound of a voice from outside. They both turned as Alicia looked into Nate's office.

"I'm ready, Mr Watson," said Alicia. Her long, curly hair was pulled up into a bun, exposing the nape of her neck.

"Okay. I'll go warm up the car." Keith got up and smiled at Nate before turning to walk out of the office.

"Oh, Nate. I will return your book as soon as I finish it," said Alicia.

Nate nodded in response. Alicia waved and then went after Keith. After Alicia's confiding session with Keith the other day, Nate decided to lend her a book that tells about the differences in men and women's minds. Alicia admitted that it turns out that she has been overthinking about her boyfriend and feels helped by the book that Nate lent her.

Nate took the coffee cup that Keith brought and twirled it pensively. What was Keanne Penelope like? Was she prettier? Or younger? Why did Julian pay more attention to her? Wait a moment. Why was Nate more worried about Keanne Penelope? She just realised that she didn't even feel threatened by Alicia's existence around Keith. It was just that sometimes she wondered if Keith was attracted to Alicia because she was younger and glamorous than Nate.

However, Keith never let Nate linger on that thought. He texted her every hour, letting her know what he was up to. Meanwhile, there was no reply from Julian at all. If Julian had done half or even a quarter of what Keith did for her, Nate would not have done it this far.

♤♡◇♧

Nate turned when she saw a scooter pull up in front of her. Keith had changed his suit with a long-sleeved shirt combined with a black hoodie. He handed the helmet at her.

"My friends are coming to spend the night, so I can't take you to my flat," said Keith.

Keith drove Nate home again for the past few days. She did take the bus home with Penny, but she would get off at the next stop after Penny's, then Keith would pick her up. They would usually take a longer drive if Julian wasn't home. Nate even spent the night at Keith's flat yesterday and only got home at midnight.