¤ Chapter 6

Nate stared at her computer screen which showed a blinking chat box, indicating a new message from the supplier she had sent the message to. However, her mind was not there. She was still remembered how Julian touched her, fondled her all over, snuggled her, and told her that he loved her.

Love... is Nate also in love with Julian right now? Even though it's been three years since they bound as husband and wife, Nate felt like exploring a new level in their relationship this time. She wondered if there was a higher level than marriage?

Nate winced. The pain in her lower left abdomen interrupted her thoughts. What's wrong with her? These weren't symptoms of gastritis like she was used to. Did she eat something wrong? She only had bread for breakfast this morning, though. She also sent a message to Julian, telling him about her pain. However, there was no reply from her husband.

The pain had gradually disappeared a few hours later. But Nate felt an irresistible urge to pee after that. She would rush to the toilet, then feel another urge to pee when she stood up, causing her to sit on the toilet again, even though no urine was coming out.

I haven't seen you all day.

Nate looked at the chat box from Keith that was blinking on the screen. She bit her lower lip, thinking about the answer she would give. Nate couldn't tell that she sat on the toilet all afternoon. She even sat uneasily on her chair with the pressure to pee, since she didn't have a toilet in her office. Nate typed a reply message for Keith.

I'm having a stomach ache.

Right? Nate really had a stomach ache at first that somehow spread to other places.

Have you been taking medicine?

Nate didn't reply and decided to shut down her computer. It's almost the end of working hours after all. Nate grabbed her phone, ran to the toilet, and sat there for a while, staring at her phone.

Why did Julian still not reply to her message, even though Nate had sent it since morning? She understood that working in an advertising company takes up most of Julian's time, especially since he had been appointed as head of the branch. However, couldn't a branch head check his phone for just two minutes?

Nate rubbed her face. She was at a loss to think of how she would go home now. It would take at least three to five minutes from here to the bus stop. But at this rate, Nate couldn't get on a bus, since she wouldn't last an hour there. What if she suddenly had the urge to pee on the way? She wasn't even sure she would be able to walk from her office to the the street. Should she just order an Uber?

Nate looked at the time on her phone, it was 7 pm. She took a deep breath before cleaning up, and left the toilet. It turned out that Devi was no longer at her desk, and Keith was standing in front of Nate's office, much to her astonishment.

"What are you doing here?" asked Nate.

"I saw the light in your office was still on and you weren't inside. So, I'm waiting for you." Keith answered. "Are you all right?"

"Yes, I'm fine." Nate winced as the urge to pee rushed her again. She hurriedly ran to her seat. "Actually, no. I... I think I have a problem with my stomach."

"Do you want me to take you to the doctor? There's a clinic nearby." Keith offered.

"No, you don't need to. I'll go by myself later."

"It's okay, I'll take you there. Just wait here, I'll get my bag first."

Keith left the office, while Nate also tidied up her desk. She had absolutely no intention of being accompanied by Keith. Besides, it would be really awkward to admit that she had a sudden pee attack to her co-worker.