¤ Chapter 20

Nate sat uneasily on her chair. She had complained of the discomfort in her stomach to Julian. However, he only said that she should drink more water. She didn't constantly pee this time, but she felt pain in her lower abdomen. She also let Keith know via message, but he didn't reply either. Why did they ignored her?

Nate looked up when there was a knock on her door. Alicia popped her head into the room.

"Nate, does it still hurt?" Alicia asked as she entered Nate's office.

Nate frowned. "How do you know?"

"I asked Mr Watson to let me borrow his scooter. Then he told me you were sick and asked me to take you to the clinic because he's busy right now."

Nate was disappointed that Keith didn't come to see her. But, she was also touched that he still care for her.

"I'm fine." Nate replied.

"Would you like to have lunch with me? I'm going home for lunch with my family." Alicia asked.

"No, I'm not hungry."

"Oh, come on. I tell about my friends to my family a lot, so they will definitely be glad to meet you."

In the end, Nate went with Alicia to her flat that turned out to be only five blocks away from Keith's. Nate wanted to comment on that, but she wasn't sure Alicia knew Keith lived nearby. She lived with her parents and two younger siblings; one of them was in primary school, while the youngest was still a baby.

"Is it okay if I have lunch with your family?" asked Nate.

"It's okay." Alicia replied. "It's special lunch because my boyfriend made it."

Apparently Alicia's boyfriend only came to deliver the food, but he didn't join them for lunch. Nate felt a bit awkward eating with Alicia's family because she kept arguing with her mother.

"Sorry for making you uncomfortable. My mom always like that," said Alicia as they finished their lunch. "Wait a minute. I'll take your book in my room."

After that, Nate and Alicia returned to the workplace because lunch time was over. Ms Miranda shot a criticising look as they passed her. However, Nate saw the lights in Mr Paul's was on as she went to her office.

"Mr Paul's here already?" Nate whispered to Devi.

"Yes, there's something going on." Devi replied in a whisper.

Nate came into her office wondering. It might be big enough to make their boss come at this hour. However, Nate couldn't really think about it because the pain was getting worse.

"Penny, do you know where Keith is? I'm checking Layla's order, but he doesn't reply to my chat at all," asked Nate over the phone.

"Ah, Nate. Can you meet me at the storage room? I would like to ask your help to prepare the materials for assembling the PC," asked Penny.

Nate put down the phone with a frown. Something must have happened that Penny was held back to bring it up on the phone. Nate pushed herself to went to the storage room, while she winced every now and then in pain. Penny was whispering to Lily when she got there.

"What's wrong?" Nate asked. Lily closed the door to storage room in an instant.

"There's a problem." Penny replied in a low voice. "Do you know our customer, the big manufacturing company? It turns out that almost half of the PCs they bought from us were installed with pirated software. You can't even count them with your fingers."

Nate's eyes immediately widened. "How did that happen?"

"They paid for the original software price, but the marketer bought the pirated one," said Penny.