¤ Chapter 24

Nate went to her office and immediately contacted the supplier to ensure delivery of her order this morning. After that, she went to the marketing room to meet Harry while bringing a list of laptops that would be released next month.

"Nate! We've seen him, you know!" Penny screamed from her desk, making Nate turn around in surprise.

"Who?" asked Nate confused.

"Your husband!" Penny replied. Nate wanted to pinch Penny so she would turn down her voice. "Your husband came to pick you up, right?"

"Ah, that's right. I also met him yesterday," said Harry. "That tall, handsome man with the Range Rover, right? I never knew you're married, Nate."

Nate just grinned. She didn't want to know who Julian had met yesterday.

"Why didn't you ever tell me that you're married, Nate?" said Layla, who came out of her room carrying a cup of coffee.

"Right. You've never even worn a wedding ring on your finger." Penny added.

Nate glanced at her ring finger, which apparently still had the new ring Julian had given her. She had never forgotten to take it off before, why was she still wearing it now?

"How long have you been married, Nate?" asked Harry.

"This is the fourth year." Nate replied in a low voice.

"Wow, doesn't that mean your marriage is on fire?" Penny teased while giggling.

"Especially with a handsome husband. No wonder Nate kept refuses when I ask her out," said Layla.

"Don't you guys have any work to do?" Keith, who suddenly appeared, scolded them, then went to his office.

Layla returned to her room, while Penny came to Jay to discuss the list of requests for one of his clients.

Nate's chest was pounding fast. She hoped that Keith had not met Julian yesterday, or heard their conversation about Julian earlier. Nate sent a text to Keith as soon as she returned to her office. However, there were no reports that the message had been sent after she had waited for some time. Even his number was inactive.

Nate was starting to worry because she couldn't talk about this in the workplace, but she also couldn't meet Keith outside. He even seemed to disappear from her for three days. Nate had tried to go to his flat, but he wasn't there. If Keith just wanted to avoid rumors from their coworkers—especially after they met Julian—at least they could still meet outside, right?

Nate stared blankly out the window of the bus that was taking her home. She missed her time with Keith. They would usually ride around on his scooter before he took her home. Keith was so warm to her, even before they started having an affair. Why did everything seem to change in the blink of an eye? Where did Keith, who was always there whenever Nate called or texted him, go?

Being home alone didn't help Nate either. Julian really kept his word not to return home. Did he go home with his mother to Newport? Or has he gone to Stockholm? He also didn't give her any news at all. Even though Julian had said not to look for him anymore, they were still husband and wife, right? Julian should have finished their things first before he left.

Nate had thought about leaving this house too. Even though they had only lived in this house for a few months, she couldn't be here without remembering Julian. Nate could just go back to Mum's house, but she couldn't face her own family yet. Neither Mum nor Dad have contacted her since that night. No one asked what really happened at their dinner back then. Nate felt miserable because she had no one to share her concerns with.

Why should Nate be given a choice? Why couldn't she just be given the man who was best for her and obviously loved her?

♤♡◇♧