¤ Chapter 11

Nate climbed the stairs then looked towards the marketing room. More specifically, towards Keith's office. It had been three days since it had been empty since he had gone to accompany marketers on customer visits.

Since the incident in her office the other day, Nate couldn't hide her awkward feelings, and chose to shut herself in it. Even though she glanced at the marketing room every once in a while, then looked away when she met Keith's eyes who was passing in front of her window.

Keith also didn't try to approach Nate as usual, even if it was just texting her. Their communication was only limited to work. Maybe he finally decided to keep his distance from her. Moreover, he avoided their closeness being known by other employees.

Nate finally closed her window blinds as well so as not being kept distracted. She was more relieved like this because she felt guilty every time she saw Julian. How could she let another man kiss her?

Nate focused her attention on Julian, especially since her husband wasn't feeling well due to overwork. However, it wasn't like Julian to stay at home when he's sick He kept working as usual, making Nate got home immediately after work, and making sure Julian went to bed earlier than she did.

Nate opened her desk drawer and took out her mobile phone. She left it in the office so she could focus on taking care of Julian. Apparently there was one message from Keith that was sent last night.

What are you doing? How come you never contacted me?

Nate pursed her lips. Didn't Keith never contact her either? She put her phone back in the drawer without replying to the message. However, her phone kept vibrating when she returned after lunch. Nate took it out and immediately closed her office door as soon as she saw Keith's name on the screen.

"Yes, Keith?"

"Are you busy?" asked Keith.

"I just got back from lunch with Layla," replied Nate as she sat down at her chair. Have you had lunch? It seemed so weird for Nate to ask that.

"I accompanied Mrs Jenny to the customer earlier, then returned to my flat. I'm not feeling well."

"I see."

"That was it?" There was disappointment in his voice. "Why didn't you reply to my message?"

"Sorry, my husband is feeling under the weather as well. So, I have to take care of him." Nate answered.

Keith sighed. "In the end, I'm still low precedence."

Nate fell silent because Keith didn't speak either. Only the sound of the man's breathing that she could hear.

"Keith, why are you doing this?" Nate asked finally. "I mean, you know for a fact that I'm not the right person for you. Why don't you find another woman to be with you?"

"If I could, then I would." Keith sounded desperate. "And how did you judge if someone is right for you? Is it just because you're married that you don't deserve me?"

"Why don't you find an unmarried woman—"

"I told you that I like you. I can't control my feelings on a married or unmarried woman."

Nate didn't reply. If only all of this had happened while she was still single, she would have been able to consider it easily.

"Nate, I didn't mean to put you under pressure," said Keith in a gentle voice. "I really like you. If this is all I could do to stay close to you, then I would. Perhaps until my feelings subside by themselves. Do you mind?"