16) No More Love

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

Your birthday had arrived, and you woke up to the terrible sound of your phone buzzing. You groggily reached for your phone, with one eye still closed from being too lazy to wake up. You turned on your phone and hoped to see Hanni spamming you with messages wishing you a happy birthday. But as you looked at your screen, you saw nothing there—just countless notifications for a game on your phone.

New notifications for RAID SHADOW LEGENDS

You sighed slightly and uninstalled the game, feeling a familiar sense of disappointment and sadness wash over you. Although it's early in the morning, it seems like a pattern. Hanni would always cancel our dates last minute, always having something to do or forgetting about our date.

It was almost a routine to be disappointed., a very sad routine... You knew Hanni was busy and must be stressed out, but you hoped she would at least remember that it was your birthday. It is the least a girlfriend should do...

To brighten up your gloomy mood, you try to cheer up since you had a couple of plans today. Some of your close friends wanted to celebrate your special day at a fancy restaurant, wanting to treat you out. And you always say yes to free food.

You get ready and head over to your hang out with your friends

You get ready and head over to your hang out with your friends. You made it to the restaurant and had fun with your friends. These friends have been your homies for a long time, and even though Hanni told you not to, you told them about your relationship, wanting advice. They were people who you trusted with your whole heart.

They advised that you should break it off with Hanni, seeing the apparent effect that it was having on you, but you couldn't bring your heart to do it. You still loved Hanni very much and clung to the memories of what we used to have.

Just like right now... You're stuck on to this broken relationship, hoping everything would magically fix itself. You prayed that this birthday would be like every other birthday, filled with the love and happiness that Hanni used to give you. However, you already noticed some ominous signs, like how Hanni had yet to message you.

You checked your phone constantly throughout the hangout with the boys but nothing. You felt sad that she hadn't messaged you yet.

As the day went on, you received birthday messages from friends and family, but there was still no word from Hanni. You tried not to let it bother you, but the disappointment grew as the day went by slowly. It was like a lurking curse in your head, never being able to escape the back of your mind.