25) It's Okay Chaewon

Chaewon POV

Chaewon POV

As you left that grueling practice session, the weight of self-doubt pressed down on you like an impossible burden.

Throughout the whole practice, the mentors had been pushing us, but it felt as if it had gone too far.

Mentor: "Chaewon! What are you doing? You think you're an idol if you dance like that?!?!" she screamed, making you feel small. "I've seen trainees better than you! Work harder!" you remembered her saying.

All you could do was stand there and take the criticism, with each word she said breaking your spirit

All you could do was stand there and take the criticism, with each word she said breaking your spirit. You felt worthless...

The harsh criticism from your mentors had left you feeling utterly defeated, as if you couldn't do anything right. Insecurity gnawed at your heart, and it didn't help being constantly compared to your groupmates.

Tears welled up in your eyes, blurring your vision as you made your way through the dimly lit corridor.

Each step felt heavy, as if you were trudging through a never-ending storm of self-doubt and frustration. It was as if the walls themselves held the weight of your insecurities.

Yet, despite the overwhelming emotions that threatened to consume you, something compelled you to continue down that corridor.

Your feet carried you towards the studio, as if guided by an invisible force, and it was there that you found Y/N diligently working at his desk, immersed in the production of your upcoming album.

As soon as you walked in, you tried to put on a smile, and pretend like everything was fine. You didn't want to trouble him, and you didn't want him to know that you were hurting inside.

Chaewon: "Hey Y/N..." you said with a fake smile showing on your face.

He looked up from his work, his concern evident in the gentle furrow of his brows and the softness in his eyes.

Y/N: "Chaewon, are you okay?" His voice dripped with genuine worry, cutting through your facade like a knife.

Startled that he had noticed your distress so quickly, you tried to play it off.