43) Why am I so Stupid?

Hanni POV

Hanni POV

You had been pouring your heart into practice, the dance moves and lyrics filling the dimly lit practice room.

Ever since the whole Y/N incident, you have been working hard at practices, wanting to distract yourself from the regrets that were aching in your brain.

As the music played loudly and the sweat dripped down your body, you were then interrupted by the door creaking open, and Minji's voice disrupted your practices.

Minji: "Hey Hanni!!!" she said with an upbeat attitude. "Have you heard the latest tea!?!?" she said, her face practically begging you to say yes.

You paused mid-step, breathless and curious. Minji always had a knack for catching the juiciest gossip in the entertainment world.

Hanni: "What's the tea, Minji?" you asked, but you soon regretted asking.

Minji: "Hanni, did you hear about Y/N? There are rumors that he might be seeing someone." The words hit you like a tidal wave, and your heart sank.

Y/N??? Seeing someone? A mix of emotions surged within you. Although your feelings for him were a complicated tangle of emotions, this news felt like a slap in the face.

It was like the universe conspired to throw your carefully constructed emotional barriers into a mess.

As Minji dropped the bombshell of rumors about Y/N possibly seeing someone new, your heart gave a sharp jolt, but you tried to maintain a casual facade.

Hanni: "He is seeing someone?" you asked. "How do you know?"  you asked, wanting to know the source and if it was truly believable.

Minji: "Well, Apparently he is." she said, answering your first question. "Some people have seen him with this mystery person, leaving buildings together and all. It's creating quite the buzz," she said, as you feel your world slowly crashing down.

You had put on a brave face in front of Minji, pretending not to care, but the truth was, you cared more than you let on.

Hanni: "Oh, really? Well, it's his life. I'm not too invested in what he does these days." you said, trying to sound nonchalant as if it didn't matter to you, but the truth was, it stung.