58) Won't Forget This Time

Hanni POV

Hanni POV

After a grueling day of practice, you hurriedly pack up your things, eager to head out to the mall for a special reason. The reason behind your rush was simple yet meaningful. Y/N's birthday is just around the corner, being tomorrow, and this year, you were determined not to make it the best birthday ever.

Last year's mishap haunts you like a shadow, a constant reminder that you were a terrible girlfriend to Y/N.

Last year, due to your intense idol career and your feelings fading away from Y/N at the time, you forgot his birthday. You remember thinking it was just a regular day... You were such a fool and you continue to beat yourself up about it...

How could you forget your boyfriend's birthday? Back then you would always make him cakes, and celebrate with him. It was a running tradition... But last year... On his special day, Y/N spent his birthday all alone, hoping that you would remember, only to be left disappointed. You can't forgive yourself for being such a terrible girlfriend...

Just as you are about to rush out the door, your best friend, Minji, asks you a simple question, her curiosity evident in her eyes

Minji: "Hanni, do you want to hang out later?" she said, as she also finished packing up as well. You pause for a moment, a mischievous smile playing on your lips.

Hanni: "No, I can't today! I'm a little busy," you reply, intentionally keeping her in the dark. You know she would just end up teasing you, so you kept it a secret.

Minji: "Ooo~ What's got you in such a hurry?" she said with raising an eyebrow, intrigued by your mysterious response.

Hanni: "It's a secret," you say, giving her a wink before darting out of the practice room, your heart pounding with excitement.

With a big smile on your face, you make your way to the nearest mall. The guilt from last year's forgotten birthday still weighs heavily on your heart, and you are determined to make it right.

For this year, you have a plan to bake Y/N a delicious cake and find the perfect present that will bring a smile to his face. You wanted to get him a meaningful but also a gift that he could use often.