Chapter 8

Ayesha's PoV

"Girl.... Finally you are here. I was searching for you."

I was playing with Noisy at our court yard when suddenly Zain appeared infront of me. It was unexpected. I didnt want this now. Facing him, talking with him...Nothing. I looked around trying to find an excuse to escape from him. After all this is what I was doing for an entire day now; after hearing his parents' conversation about me. Leaving each time he appears infront of me; before he starts a conversation with me.

I didn't want to do that actually.

But I am so helpless now.

May be I am a coward too.

I dont want to be hurted again only because I got attached to him.

I stood up staring at him after releasing noisy from my lap.

"Why did you search for me?" I asked with a stern voice which he left unnoticed.

"Why didnt you come with us for the movie? Even our aunties joined us, but you."he asked serious yet concerned.

"Zain I was having a bad headache. I couldn't afford to watch a movie." I answered only for the sake of answering.

I tried to leave but he suddenly blocked my way with his hands.

"What happened to you? You are suddenly behaving different."he remarked.

"What?"

"What happened to that smile which would be always on your face?"he asked making me difficult to do it.

Doing what?

Avoiding him.

"You are hallucinating. I am the same Ayesha."I said more to myself.

Yes, the same Ayesha before he comes.

The same one who didn't want to talk more.

Who was always afraid of people.

Everything was easy that time.

I should return back to that Ayesha.

This is the need of the hour.

"I may hallucinate. But won't lie like you."he stated sternly and started walking away.

"Excuse me. What do you mean by that?" I asked much to my disbelief.

Eventhough I wanted to stay away from him, I couldn't stop myself from asking that.

He stopped on his track and turned his head to face me as if he was waiting for me to ask it.

"I am not good at observing people. Unlike you. But coming to people who are close to me, I can realize the change in their behavior."his statement shocked me.

"Its ok Ayesha. If you dont want me near you, I wont trouble you even with a word. But remember, if you want to avoid me do it in a good way. Sometimes it hurts me."His face has lost all the colors.

He was nomore the same Zain who was pleasant always. His face showed hurt.

Did I actually do this with him?

I felt shame. But more than that I am surprised. It's been only a day I started avoiding him. And he found it already.

"Listen Zain. Its not like that. Dont misunderstand me."I tried to say.