Chapter 23

Ayesha's PoV

I tried my best to sleep. But today sleep is also betraying me. Tears were continuously flowing down. I cried a lot. Exactly like how I cried when my baba is dead.

I remembered each word Bapuji has spoken.

She should be relieved from all the stress and tension.

And her biggest worry is me.

I know that.

I silently shed my tears. Because it is the only way to get the comfort my heart wants. I promised myself that I wont show these tears infront of my mama once again. Because that may break her heart and I may lose her forever.

I love you mama.

I know. I was such a bad daughter always. I blamed you for your selfless love for me. I made fun of that always. But inside I knew that you are the best mother in the world.

I am scared mama. I have noone left in this world if it's not you. Please dont leave me. A mere thought of you leaving me, scaring the hell out of me.

I wanted to let myself escape from this burden. But how?

Noone would help me.

Oh Yes. Darshana? She would surely understand me.

I didnt think another second to take my phone and dial her. On the second ring itself she attended my call.

"Hello babyyyy. Wont let me talk with my boyfriend for sometime? Its okay. Friends first..."

"Darshu...."I was crying loudly.

"Hey..what's this? Why are you crying? What happened Ayesha?" She was panting.

I didnt stop crying which made her tensed.

"Tell me what happened. Please let me know."she shouted from the other end of the phone.

"Darshu. I am afraid.."

"Afraid of what?"she asked.

"Afraid of living without my mama."I spoke in a low tone.

"That's okay. She is not going anywhere. She is there with you. Right?"

"Her health is not ok. She suffered from an heart attack when I was studying at Bangalore. And you know what. Nobody let me know about my mother's illness."I detailed her everything which Bapuji told me.

"Ayesha. Hey..Calm done. Listen you are a doctor. You can't forget that and cry like a baby."she tried to make me calm.

"Emotions Darshu. Its equal for everyone. No matter whether doctor or nurse or actor or counsellor. It will break us. Haunt us."

"You are not supposed to break down. Because you are strong baby. Please understand that."she told me.

"No. I am worried about my mother."

"Even if your mother needs treatment you are there to help her. Nothing like that would happen again."she assured me. But I am not in peace.

"Okay let me help you how to handle this situation. First of all understand that your mother is not in danger. She is fine now. All you need to do is take care of her well. Spend some more time with her. Do as many things that would help her heal and relieve. Dont do anything that may make her worry. Bring the doctor in you out and use it for your own good."