Chapter 22

Ayesha’s PoV

Why should I have to go through this always?

Do my mother actually cares for me? Or Not?

Why she is behaving like I have no right on deciding something big about my life? That too my marriage.

Why its everything difficult for me?

I am still angry on my mama. But a part of me still goes with her. Because I love her.

Did I hurt her today?

Is she gonna stop talking with me ?

For what?

Because I said I cant marry now.

I was very excited when I finally finished my course. That too being as University topper. I was also happy because of the fact that I made my mama proud. I was happy that I can practice under one of the best doctor here in this city. And then I can slowly work on my dream. If I start saving my salaries for a few years, I can set up my own clinic along with the help of a small loan from any of the banks. If I ask Bapuji, he will surely help me. But it’s my wish to start my long awaited clinic with my own money. Not everyone will understand the pleasure behind this.

But then this marriage topic came out from nowhere. For me, my dream is more important than settling into someone’s wife as his Biwi (Wife). Sharing his name. Losing my identity. Changing my own personality to fit into his family’s expectation.

May be mama is right. If I get the right person in my life, I may not have to sacrifice my dreams. May be he will support me. The person who marries me. But can I find someone like him anywhere? Will this Azhar be like that? He already decided on appointing me as a doctor in his hospital even before I accept him. May be he is not. Mama decided on his behalf.

What would I do if mama forces me to get married with Azhar?

I barely knows him.

Most importantly he don’t know anything about me. He don’t know the fact that being the person I am he can’t adjust with me. Or may be it’s the other way around.

Whatever it is, I should do something to get rid of his proposal.

Who would help me?

Shamz? Not him. Bapuji? Yes he would surely understand me.

I walked towards Bapuji’s room and saw him talking with Maaji about his day. I love this side of him very much. Eventhough his wife don’t remember anything, he used to spend time with her.

“Shall I come Bapuji?”I asked when his eyes fell on an hesitating me.

“You are always welcome beti.”he was happy.

I slowly entered inside and took a seat beside Maaji who was laying down on bed with her eyes fixed on the ceiling.

“So when will you go to Bangalore? To collect your certificates.”he asked me.

“It would take time Bapuji. I don’t know. They will inform me once they are available.”I replied trying to hide how much tensed I am.

“What’s bothering you my dear?”he asked realizing the state I am going through.

I looked at him with a sad face.

“Mama wants me to get married. With an Azhar.”

“I know. She told me. It’s me who told her to speak with you before taking a decision. Because it’s not my place to decide something most important about your life.”