Chapter 9

Author's PoV

Clearly a boring day for Zain. He didnt have anything to do. Because of the reason how active he used to, he can't remain idle for a single moment. It irks him more than anything, loneliness. He felt captivated inside the large mansion. He was not at all interested in talking with the girls anymore. They behave strange always. His cousins. They are always talking about films, modern dresses, trends, their make up needs etc. And sometimes about handsome boys too. It makes him bored. Some other times they eat his ears which he cant afford. For him Ayesha is different. Not boring unlike others. But she is busy most of the times. Either with some books or sometimes at kitchen hearing long lectures from the aunty's gang. And her mother always call her for each single thing that is happening in that house.

For his luck, his Bapuji understood his dilemma and assigned him a job. To help him escape from the boring day. And the job is very complicated and important. He had been instructed to be in the house looking after everything is fine since someone from groom's side are visiting today. He wondered what kinda job is this. Bapuji and other males in the house left for the masjid (mosque).

Now he need to make sure everything is going right before the guests arrive. His mom handed him a list of things to be bought and he quickly did it. He then instructed Zahra Aapa to be ready. After finishing some more rounds of inspection, he felt tired. A day that would have been gone waste without having any fun now turned into a busy day.

He laid down on the bed to take some rest. This is the first time someone is assigning such an important task to him. As the brother of the bride, he cant be irresponsible. More over he took it as a chance to prove how responsible and mature he is to his always taunting parents. May be in future his parents will assign him the complete responsibility of Hanah's marriage. He smiled at that thought.

On the other hand this job doesn't make him entertain, not productive according to what he feels. No fun, only tension.

He heard a cough and looked up to see Ayesha standing at the door with a grin.

"Why do you look tensed? Dont tell me that it's because Bapuji assigned you this job."she laughed.

He got up from the bed and took steps towards her.

"Why should I? It's just that I am doing something important. So I should be more careful. And it's my Zahra Aapa's marriage."

She giggled.

"Arey don't make fun of me. You should have seen your own face yesterday. Like a chimpanzee who have been scolded by an idiot."he grinned this time making her scowl.

"Please dont start again. I am trying to get over all this. And I dont care about it now."she reminded.

"That's good"he said with a smile.

"Ok do continue what you were. Let me check whether Zahra Aapa is ready." She was about to go when he stopped her.

"Now what?"she asked.

"Nothing. You are perfectly alright now. Isn't it?"he wanted to confirm.

She didn't reply. Instead smiled at him. A smile that touched his heart.

"I am going" she left.

He looked at the direction where she disappeared. He sat down on the bed while thinking. Earlier it was about the work that he had been assigned. But now it's about her. The girl who just left the room. A calm composed yet beautiful girl with a golden heart. She doesn't want to hurt anyone knowingly or unknowingly. What she thinks, only she knows it. She dont let anyone else know her mind. She is a beautiful secret. He is glad that she is his friend.