Chapter 21

Ayesha's POV

Mama wants me to get married soon. I can never blame her. Like me, she may also have some dreams about me. Like every other mother she also want to see me having my own family. Especially in the absence of my father it's her duty to make my future safe. Being a doctor I am sure that my future will be safe and bright. But that's not a mother's heart expects. No mother can smile in just that satisfaction.

But when would she start understanding my dreams? When would she see the doctor in me rather than the normal girl I am?

Can I convince her anytime?

She wont let me speak first. Even if I could, she will come with all the examples of the girls who had to suffer only because they chose to live alone.

And then she will start emotionally blackmailing me.

And I will let myself fall in her trap when she starts talking about my Baba.

Why are you even going to convince her when you already know the result?

Nooo.
Not this time, Ayesha.

You have a big dream waiting for you.
You need to wait patiently for that.
You need to work hard.
You need to be brave.
You need to be courageous enough to face your mother.

And that's the problem.

"Wake up girl. You are neither in your bed nor it's your sleeping time." Someone whispered into my ears making me shiver.

"Zain....you again...."I was really shocked seeing him suddenly.

"Hahaha...what are you dreaming about? When will you stop this thinking thinking....and thinking? This is the cause of your most of the problems."he said.

"May be. But action before thinking is foolishness. I dont fit myself into that category."I replied.

"And that's why you always seems to be depressed. Look how cool I am. "He said making fun of me.

"And that's why everyone saying that you are not serious. You are childish."This time anger hit me.

"And what about you? Over serious ah?"he again started.

"None of your business. You go and pack your bags. Your mom is so eager to reach her home back."I said without thinking.

I didnt want to tell that. But it's the truth. Asiya aunty is so restless after Zahra Aapa's marriage is done. She wants to go back London as soon as possible.

"And that's what you were thinking about?"he asked doubtfully.

"Why should I think about you? I was thinking about my own future. Dont I have right for that?"

"Why are you shouting? See. We are friends. Okay."

And that's when I realized that my voice was very loud.

"I was not shouting.  Actually.....actually I need to see my mama now. Let's talk later."

I didn't even wait for his reply. Because I am in so hurry to convince my mother.

I rushed towards mama's room. For my luck she was standing there searching for something in the wardrobe.

Shit....I forgot all those lines that I was practicing to convince mama.