Chapter 17

Ayesha's PoV

After sharing everything with Zain, I felt a burden gone away from my heart.

Ayesha, you should have done this earlier.

On the other hand he was all happy for me. The party is about to end and I must admit that I had an awesome night today along with my cousins. We enjoyed the maximum by cracking jokes around, playing pranks, singing songs and whatever we can do to make this one a memorable night. The guests are all leaving one by one since it's getting late night. We were having our dinner together along with the whole family members.

It was then Zain slightly bumped his elbow on my hand. I gestured him to talk what's the matter.

"Tomorrow is Zahra Aapa's marriage. Day after tomorrow we are going for your check up."he informed me or more precisely it was a statement.

"What?"

"What? Are you hearing the word check up for the first time?"he rolled his eyes.

"No.....but...I heard that my results will be out soon. I was thinking about doing the check up when I go back to Bangalore to collect my certificates and TC."I was not sure whether he will agree.

"It will be too late Ayesha. We have good hospitals here. I was thinking about taking an appointment with one of the famous doctor here at Apollo hospital. I enquired about him. He is nice."

Seriously? Did he fix everything?

I didn't respond.

"And I want to accompany you. I want to talk with the doctor and confirm that you are fine now."he added.

"Dont you believe me? I am okay now."I said with a little bit of disappointment.

"It's not like that Ayesha. I know you are strong enough such that a leg fracture can't stop you from anything that you want to achieve."he said and I smiled.

"But I just want to do atleast this for you. I was not there whenever you needed someone by your side. Since I came to know about this very late, I want to make sure that I do my part better. Out of concern for you."he said while eating.

"If that's the case, you can accompany me to Bangalore once I am ready to go."

"But it will take atleast one week for your results to come out. Isn't it?"

I nodded my head.

"I don't have that much time. After the marriage function ends tomorrow, the next moment my parents will start pressurizing me to book tickets for our return trip."

He said and the little morsel of food that I was carrying in my hand fell down on the plate. I lost all glow on my face.

"Are you going?"

"Yes ofcourse. I have a company there in partnership dear. London is not a better place to leave our assets on the basis of trust."

My face fell down.

He is going back.

It took time for me to register that in my mind.

He finished his dinner and came back after washing his hands. I was still playing with my fingers on the plate without eating.

"Ayesha, so can I book an appointment for day after tomorrow?"he asked.

"Hm..."I simply nodded and he walked away with the excitement of finally getting a chance to do something for me.