Chapter 15

Next Morning
Ayesha's PoV

It was already 10:15 am and I quickly got ready. I am nervous because I dont know where Zain is bringing me. He managed to convince mama with some lies to get permission to go out. But still I don't know where we are going and tomorrow is Zahra Aapa's marriage. Everyone will enquire me. I was tensed for every reason. Above all, I don't know how to face Zain.

Yesterday we had our dinner silently. The person who tried to motivate me till then didn't try to make a conversation with me after that. I am sure that he heard Shamz's words. But he didn't ask me about that. May be because he is angry at me for not telling him. And his silence was literally killing me each moment. I wish he yelled at me. Or atleast ask me what had exactly happened? But he is giving me silent treatment clearly indicates that he is mad at me.

What would I do?

How would I convince him?

I cant reveal the truth now. Because if mama comes to know about that, it will hurt her for sure and I have no idea about how she is gonna react. May be she wont trust me ever after.

Just then my phone beeped and I opened the message inbox.

"I am waiting for you at downstairs. Come fast"

It was Zain's message. Instead of coming to call me like he used to do, he sent me message. He is surely angry.

I quickly wrapped the hijab (shawl that is used to cover head) around my head and went out taking my phone. I reached downstairs and there he is waiting at the couch. Seeing me he stood up with an ignorant face. I moved towards him and looked at his face.

"Shall we go?" He asked.

I wanted to ask him a lot but all I could do is nodding my head. I walked following him and entered into the car. He started driving the car.

Throughout the journey he was silent. It affected me. His silence. I wanted to initiate some conversation but it seems like he is ignorant of my presence behind him.

"Zain, are you angry with me?"I asked with remorse and guilt.

He looked at me.
"No, Ayesha. I am not at all angry. I am just hurted." He turned his head back to concentrate on driving.

I was about to say something but he cut me off.

"And I know it doesn't matter for you. Because I am an outsider with whom you cant share your personal matters."he added clinching my heart.

"No, it's not like that."I tried to say but he gave me a stern look.

"Let me drive Ayesha."he said making me silent. And the rest of the journey continued with both of us didn't talk or looked at each other.

It hurts me too Zain.

You are hurted because of me.

He stopped the car infront of a big flat. He gestured me to come out. I got out of the car and followed him to the lift. He pressed the button for the 3rd floor.

"Zain, will you talk to me please?"I pleaded.

"Why? You are happy in your lonely world. Isn't it? I dont want to intrude into your personal space."

"Zain please."
I couldn't continue since the lift door already opened. He walked out followed by me. We stopped infront of a door and he pressed the calling bell.

I was busy staring at his face trying to find any emotions, when a familiar voice brought me back to this world.

"Ayesha....."I turned to see Darshana inside.