Chapter 25

Author's POV

Ayesha stood infront of her entire family like she has done some big crime. Her mother gave her a continous glare while the others are still trying to digest what they have witnessed sometimes ago. This is not the Ayesha they have seen. Definitely not. The little lioness in her was too much for them to handle.

Asiya and Ali found their place far away from everyone still being part of the discussion. Surprisingly they seems to be not angry, instead shown regret.

Bapuji came near her and touched her shoulders.
"What happened to you suddenly Ayesha?"he caressed her cheeks.

She didn't speak.

"If this was coming from someone else I wouldn't have bothered. But you were not like this. What made you so disheartened? You suddenly started showing your anger which you haven't done before." She was surprised at the fact that her grandfather is reading her too much. "Tell me dear. Who hurted you?"

She suddenly lost all the courage to open her mouth. She wish it was the same Ayesha few moments ago.

"Ayesha, why are you not speaking? Haven't you hearing what your Bapuji asking you?" Her mama shouted.

"Stop it Meharban. Why do you have to shout at her everytime? She is your daughter. Not enemy."

Bapuji's stern voice suddenly silenced her mother.

"But Baba, you shouldn't support this arrogant girl. Today she talked against her own aunty. Tomorrow she will do the same with anyone." Her youngest aunty Jasmine spoke.

"Remember she is not the only grand daughter you have. But you supports her too much. Atleast my daughters know how to respect elders. They may not be doctors. But respectful." Zeenath aunty shouted.

Shamz gave them a disgusted look. His own mother was trying to talk something when he sternly gestured her to shut up.

"I can't believe that this girl is getting married soon. Imagine if she behaves the same with her in laws and they would throw her out." Zeenath continued to spat venom. "And then what would happen? Her life would be ruined."

"Nothing like that would happen aunty." Shamz spoke making everyone shocked. "For god sake, she is a doctor. She doesn't need her in laws family to survive. In fact she must be the pride of any family she being part of." Ayesha was amazed. Her bapuji smiled. "And stop comparing her with your daughters. She is not any one of them. She is in a different league."

"Shamz, why are you taking her side?" His own mother questioned him.

"You better don't take side of people who are against her."he warned his mother.

"This girl is a loser. Nobody can change that fact. She always need someone to take stand for her. Earlier it was her baba, then her Bapuji, now you Shamz. She can't do anything alone." Zeenath declared.

Hearing her baba's name, Ayesha felt her eyes watering.

"Just stop aunty.  You are saying this because you don't know anything about her. You all have been kept in dark because she doesn't need anyone's attention."he snarled at them.

"Shamz, please.  Let them say anything against me. I don't care." Ayesha spoke for the first time.

"Better you start caring. There is a limit to everything." He replied.

"What you are trying to make her? A jhansi rani?" Jasmine aunty taunted her.

"Yeah. She is. She has fought her own battles that you know nothing about. So just keep quiet." He gave it back to her.