Chapter 12

"Darshu..Shut up. Ayesha is my best friend and also my cousin. It's my duty to make sure that she is ok always. And stop teasing me every time. Next time you do this to me with Ayesha.."Zain stopped seeing Ayesha already standing infront of him near the door.

He was shocked and he felt his mouth dry.

"Why did you stop? Complete it."Darshana spoke from the other end of the phone and he looked at Ayesha blankly not knowing what to tell.

"What happened Zain? With whom you are speaking in phone?"Ayesha asked.

Zain stared at her without moving his eyes.

"Zain....Is she there? I can hear her voice." Darshana giggled making him realize what he was doing.

"Shut up Darshu. I will call you back. Bye."He ended the call and looked back at Ayesha who is now standing confusingly. She was pale.

He walked towards her and stopped infront of her.

"Hey why are you not speaking?"he asked.

"I think you are not in a good mood. I will come back after sometime."she was about to go but he blocked her way.

"Wait. Who told you that I am not in a good mood?"

"That....you were shouting at Darshana."she said pointing towards his phone.

"Oh that one ah? That girl will always irritate me. Dont mind. I am not in any bad mood. Even if I am, you dont need to wait till my mood changes. You can talk with me anytime."he assured making her smile.

She felt relieved.

"I am afraid of talking with people when they are angry."she said.

"Wow. You should be. I wanna ask you. Is there anything that you are not afraid of?"he teased her.

"Yes."

"What's that doctor madam?"

"You."she said and his face brightened.

They both didnt speak for a long minute.

"By the way, why did you come now? If I am right, morning onwards you were busy with Shamz. Now what made you suddenly remember about me?"he asked and her face fell down.

He became alert.

"Hey Ayesha. Leave that. See, I have an habit of telling bad jokes. I thought you will laugh. But. Anyway. Dont bother."

"It was you who didn't come to me since yesterday onwards. I thought you are busy. That's why I didn't come to disturb you."she said and he was wondered.

"Disturb? Seriously? That's what you thought about me. Great."he pouted.

"Again started. I am sorry. Please."she pleaded and he smiled.

"We are playing cards downstairs. Do you want to join? I came here to call you."she asked.

"Yes ofcourse. I would like to."he replied making her happy.