Chapter 27

Ayesha's PoV

We spent half of our day outside the house. Shopping, movie, restaurant...it was a well spent day. Eveyone has enjoyed except me.

After that incident Zain didn't try to talk with me. He was enjoying his day with all my cousins but me.

Great Ayesha!

You were the one who made him mad at you.

But he did the same to me.

Eventhough his avoidance hurted me I didn't express that. I know he was right. I am just one among all the girls he has seen. Even if I don't talk with him, he has all my cousins to enjoy with. About me, it's the opposite.

Return journey was mostly silent. Most of us were sleeping. It's already 7 pm.

When we reached home back, I had to wake up everyone from their deep slumber. Taking our packets from the car, we slowly moved inside the house. Within a second I have been welcomed with a warm embrace. It was mama. I looked at her amazed. So as all my cousins.

"Congratulations my daughter. You made me proud again." She has wet eyes and glowing smile.

Is she thinking that I am getting married today?

"Mama...what..." before I complete Bapuji has also hugged me.

"Congratulations dear. You deserve this and we are very happy for you." Bapuji kissed my forehead.

"Would you care to tell me?" I asked unable to handle anymore surprise.

Bapuji has handed over a letter to me. I opened it and read it in an hurry. My eyes widened and hands started shivering.

This might be a dream.

I looked at the girls who are giving me confused look. My mama again hugged me.

"I can't believe this." I exclaimed.

"This is true Ayesha. All your hardwork got paid. Getting an internship offer followed by the post of junior doctor at AIIMS is really not everyone can achieve. You did it." Bapuji again kissed my head.

"AIIMS.....?" All my cousins were wondered.

Yes it is. Four months ago I had attended a written test followed by a practical one at our college which was supposed to be the selection of internship candidates at AIIMS. Only one would be selected from top colleges of India. And I can't believe that they have selected me. I can do internship at AIIMS, New Delhi for next 6 months, then if I am interested and based on my performance I can join as Junior Doctor there.

Before I relieve from the shock Reyza aunty embraced me.
"Congratulations dear."

Then everyone started appreciating me, one by one. I felt overwhelmed. I got a group hug from my cousins gang.

Asiya aunty came forward to hug me.
"Congratulations Ayesha. You are the pride of our family. I am glad that I could join you in this happiness."
At that moment all the indifferences between us faded away. She smiled at me sincerely so as me. Even Ali uncle wished me. But their son didn't. He stood there far away from us. I couldn't see any happiness in him. He suddenly felt like someone I don't know.

Exactly.  I don't know this Zain. The Zain I know was always happy about all the little things in my life.

"What is written in the letter Aapa? When should you join?" Hanah asked out of excitement.

"I have to join by 12th."I said.

"Isn't it too early? I mean it's next week." Reyza aunty commented.