07

Danielle's POV

I sit here with my friends, staring at my phone, my mind a flurry of thoughts. It's been exactly one week since we last talked. I had hoped that she would reach out to me, that she would be the one to break the silence, but I was wrong. Not once did she try to get in touch with me, and I admit that it's my fault.

It's my fault that I expected something for her.

I know deep down that I'm the one to blame for this, for not taking the initiative, for not being brave enough to confront my fears.

But maybe, just maybe, this is all for the best. I'm too scared to admit it, too afraid to voice the truth, but I'm terrified of liking her. The thought of falling in love again and fact that she's aromantic fills me with a sense of dread. It's not just the fear of getting hurt again, no, it's something deeper, something more profound that I cannot put into words.

"Only one hour left until the voting starts" Lily announced.

"So, who is everyone voting for as the school president?" Lia asked

"Obviously Haerin" replied Lily

"Haerin" echoed the others.

"Count me in for Haerin as well" Giselle added.

"Kang Haerin all the way" everyone agreed.

"What about you, Danielle?" Yunjin asked.

"There's no need to ask. Danielle is definitely voting for Haerin too" Giselle chimed in.

"I'll vote for Sumin" I quietly said.

"Eh?!" Everyone was surprised.

"Why wouldn't you vote for your friend?" someone questioned.

"Let's respect her decision, guys" Giselle intervened, silencing the others.

As the conversation continued, I remained silent the whole time.

I'm not gonna lie, I miss her.

.

I'm done voting for lower positions and I'm now in the presidents nominees

SSG President:
◽ Sumin
◽Hyunsuk
◽Yujin
◾Haerin

Of course, I'll vote for her. I just fooled them earlier that my vote goes to Sumin tho she's also good. I think Haerin would suit the position perfectly.

I would still support her silently.

" Let's go to the canteen, I'm hungry" Lily said while touching her stomach

We're now heading to the canteen and most of the students are talking about who they voted

" Jihoon is my vice president, he's so handsome and smart"

" Haerin is my president, I think her and Jihoon would get along if they both win"

" Righttt"

Get along??? hmm nvm

The canteen was extremely crowded, so we decided to join the line. After selecting our meals, we maneuvered our way out of the crowd and headed towards our chosen seats. I noticed that my tray was slightly heavy and I was afraid that I might spill something, particularly the soup which was tilting.

Just as I was about to spill it, someone's hand reached out and steadied the tray. It was a close call and I felt relieved to have avoided embarrassment.

"Be careful" amidst the hustle and bustle of the crowd, she was always there to save the day, reminding me to be careful. If only she knew how difficult it was for me to ignore her.