08

Danielle's POV

"I'm totally serious right now" my voice filled with determination. But deep inside, I could feel a pang of doubt. How could she ever reciprocate my feelings when I knew she couldn't like me back? I was afraid of looking foolish, of putting my heart on the line.

"I'm serious too" she responded, her eyes locked onto mine with intensity.

Kang Haerin, you have no idea how much I'm falling for you.

My words caught in my throat, knowing that she must have seen Harua's post. She might think I'm a cheater, a player.

"I'm still afraid, I'm sorry" I confessed, preparing to stand up and walk away. But before I could make my escape, she grabbed me and pulled me into a tight embrace. Her warmth enveloped me, and my heart raced louder than ever.

How does she have such a powerful hold over me?

"Do you like him?" she asked, her arms still wrapped around me. In this moment, I couldn't resist the urge to hold her close, to savor the connection we were sharing.

No, I don't like him. I need to be honest.

"N-no" I stammered, my voice betraying my nerves. Why did such a simple word have to be so difficult to say?

"Then be with me" she declared, her eyes filled with determination.

WHAT THE HELL?! My mind raced, trying to process her words. We pulled apart from the hug, and I gazed at her, my hand instinctively reaching out to hold hers. I felt a surge of courage coursing through my veins.

"What do you mean?" I asked, desperately hoping for a deeper meaning behind her words.

"Let's try" her words sending my heart into a frenzy. This was driving me insane.

"But I promised Haru-" I began, but she interrupted me, gently placing her finger on my lips.

"You said you didn't like him, right?" I nodded, unable to form words.

"Then let's try. If it doesn't work out, we can break up" she proposed, her words filling me with both fear and hope. There was no way I was going to let this slip away.

NO WAYYY WE'LL BREAK UP, THIS WILL WORK, I'LL MAKE THIS WORK. I'LL FIGHT MY FEARS, I'LL FIGHT FOR YOU, KANG HAERIN.

.

" DAERIN!!! DAERIN IS SAILING!!! DAERIN!!!..."

My friends been chanting this for about 5 minutes now. They keep teasing me on Haerin, ngl I like it except the fact that their voices are so loud but I don't care if my mom could hear us.

"I love staying in Danielle's room. It's so spacious that we can be as loud as we want" Lily said as she rolled over my bed.

I miss having them around in my place. We finished all our school work, and I shared what happened earlier. They couldn't believe it.

"Danielle definitely has some magical powers to get Miss Aromantic to initiate" Lily added.

"Absolutely! She rejected so many guys, but she made the first move with Danielle. My new ship is sailing!" Yunjin exclaimed, shaking me in excitement.

" What about Harua?" The room went silent when Lia asked that question

" I'll explain it to him soon" I don't wanna think of him at the moment.

"The most important thing is that Daerin is alive!" the girls cheered, already coming up with a ship name for us

Suddenly, my phone buzzed, and everyone looked at me teasingly. I know that it's not who they think.

But I think they're right, it's her. Asdfghhjl----

Kang Haerin
•Active now

Goodnight 😺

Goodnighttt

Hmm 🤔 what should I call you
Love? Baby??

KANG HAERIN!!!

What is it, love?
Baby?
Honeybunch?

STOP

Why:(

I can't sleep because of you

Oh, sorry

Are you not tired?
Running through my head

That's why I can't sleep too because you keep thinking of me huh

Yeah bye I need to sleepp

Goodnight again, my honeybunch, sugarplum, pumpkin, sweetie pie, cuppycake
♥️¹

A huge grin spreads across my face as I read her message. Is she really this sweet? My friends start tickling me and trying to read our conversation, but I hide my phone. I can't sleep in this condition. How could someone as her be accused of being Aromantic?

" I'm sleepy"

" How could you sleep when you're smiling from ear to ear?" Giselle said

I covered myself with my blanket so they couldn't see how red my face is. Good thing it's holiday tomorrow, and we don't have to sleep early.

Is that mean that I can't see her tomorrow? Calm down, Danielle. I think I'm going crazy, I miss her already. I wonder if she feels the same way or I'm just overreacting.

I keep daydreaming and didn't realized that's it's already 1 AM in the morning yet I'm widely awake, some girls are snoring loudly.

*ting

Kang Haerin
•Active now

I can't sleep 😭 please leave my mind

What the hell??? I thought I'm the only one. She can't sleep too, I can't-----hshshshshs