27

Danielle's POV

I find myself at the campus court, observing her as she leads and teaches the entire dance club. The cheers from the crowd threaten to burst my eardrums, but I can't help but roll my eyes at the fangirls who incessantly shout her name.

Clad in a crop top and skinny leggings, she looks absolutely stunning. Even while covered in sweat, she manages to maintain her charm.

My gaze lingers on her, and I notice Jihoon offering her a towel, which she promptly refuses. Good girl. I had already given her a towel before the rehearsal, so there was no need for another.

Boys have started to annoy me lately; I just can't fathom their existence.

"FROM THE TOP," she commands with a serious expression, instructing the students.

"1, 2, and 3, 4."

I patiently wait for them to finish, and after a while, she concludes the practice. She runs towards me, a radiant smile adorning her face, and hands me the towel, allowing me to wipe away her sweat.

"You're such a baby," I teases, clearly enjoying the sight as much as I am.

"Hey, let's hurry up," she urges, grabbing my hand and leading me out of the court.

"Today is the day when Minji is going to ask Hanni," she said. Oh that's surprising.

"Wait, why didn't I know about this?" I respond, taken aback.

"Shh, don't tell your friend," she whispers mischievously.

"I won't. Let's go. Minji probably needs our help," I say, eager to be a part of this momentous occasion.

We make our way to the back of the school, where we find Haerin's circle of friends, calming and cheering Minji. Minji appears nervous, but I am certain Hanni will say yes.

"Hey Haerin and Danielle, stop holding hands and help us here," Yeji remarks playfully, causing us to glance down at our intertwined fingers. We share a laugh at her comment.

Minji's bravery is commendable, proposing in front of a crowd like this. After all the setup is complete, they are finally ready. Minji holds a bouquet of flowers and a teddy bear, a romantic gesture in every sense.

"Danielle, you're assigned to blindfold Hanni and guide her here," Ningning instructs.

I rush to our classroom and find Hanni engrossed in conversation with Giselle.

"Hey, hey, what's that? Is this a prank?" Hanni questions, her curiosity piqued.

"Just put this on," I reply, handing her the blindfold.

"Okay, I guess," she responds, not suspecting a thing.

"One last step," I whisper to Hanni, and we inch closer to them.

The students surround them, their excitement palpable as they squeal and cheer for Minji. I remove the blindfold as signaled, and I can't quite explain Hanni's reaction. It seems as though tears are welling up in her eyes.

Minji stands before her, her hands slightly trembling from my vantage point.

"Have you ever looked up at the stars and wondered about the vastness of the universe? How every planet, star, and galaxy is unique, holding its own secrets and mysteries? To me, you are like the universe - beautiful, complex, and full of wonders. Each time I get to know you better, it feels like I'm exploring a new solar system. And I don't want to stop exploring. I want to be by your side, discovering every facet of your personality and every aspect of your life. That's why I'm here, under the stars, asking you to be my girlfriend. Will you explore the universe with me?" Minji's heartfelt words resonate throughout the crowd, causing the students to cheer even louder. All eyes are on Hanni, awaiting her response.

"SAY YES, SAY YES!" the crowd chants. I hope she isn't succumbing to peer pressure, but deep down, I know that with or without an audience, she would say yes.

Sometimes, I wish we could freely express our feelings like this. It's disheartening to know that there are so many people against us. I envy Minji and Hanni because they can move through life without judgment.

Haerin, faces criticism for rejecting someone or is labeled a flirt when she's with someone. I find myself in a similar situation, but I've grown accustomed to it. Being called a timer used to feel like a compliment, but now it's become a harsh reminder of the judgments we face.

As Minji got down on one knee and proposed to Hanni, my heart raced with anticipation. The crowd around us seemed to hold their breath, their noise fading into the background as we awaited Hanni's response. Finally, she spoke, her voice carrying through the air,

"YES, Minji!" Her answer was met with a surge of applause and cheers, making the atmosphere even more dramatic.

I could feel a surge of happiness for them. They truly deserved each other, and it was evident in the way they hugged, their embrace radiating with a sweetness that made onlookers jealous.

Haerin gently intertwined our hands, her eyes locked with mine, communicating something that only we could understand.

"Let's go somewhere," she suggested, her voice filled with excitement as she swung our hands playfully. Amidst the commotion, we could slip away unnoticed, the attention of the students focused on Hanni and Minji.

"Change your clothes first, you might catch a cold," I suggested, noticing that Haerin's clothes were still damp.

"I look hot in these, don't I?" she replied mischievously. I couldn't help but give her a glare, acknowledging the truth in her words.

"But girls keep looking at you, and I hate it," I admitted, feeling a pang of jealousy.

"I'm always yours, Danielle," Haerin assured me, her recent expressiveness still catching me off guard. She had transformed from the quiet, studious girl I had known from the beginning, into someone who seemed to have discovered how to love and be loved.

We made our way to the comfort room for Haerin to change.

"You don't need to turn around, you can watch me freely," she teased. Blushing, I struggled to find the right response to her half-truth joke.

"Are you finished?" I asked, peeking at her.

"Hey, why do you need to close your eyes?" she playfully questioned. Had I watched her change, I would have surely passed out from where I stood.

She led me to her favorite coffee shop, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filling the air. We snapped pictures of our drinks and of us together, capturing the cute moments we shared. As I took a sip, not realizing it was still hot, Haerin's concern washed over her face, her voice filled with worry.

"Be careful," she said, her voice laced with concern. She seemed to panic as if I were in danger of imminent death.

"Love, calm down," I reassured her, wiping my lips.

"I'm sorry, does it hurt?" she asked, her eyes filled with genuine concern.

"A little bit," I replied, appreciating her care and attention.

Leaving the coffee shop, we continued our day at the park, hand in hand. I couldn't shake off the feeling that someone was following us, a sense of unease creeping up on me.

When I turned around, I noticed a child holding a balloon, but my attention was drawn to a man wearing a suspicious black attire. My mind reasoned that he might be a dancer, as that's how they often dressed.

"Love," I called out, realizing that Haerin had let go of my hand. Panic surged through me as I searched for her. My heart pounded loudly in my chest as a black cat darted past me.

My eyes shifted, and I noticed a trail of red liquid on the ground. Fear engulfed me as my gaze followed the trail, leading me to Haerin lying on the ground, clutching her right stomach, blood staining her clothes.