16

The woman's eyes glinted with satisfaction as she asked Haerin

"It's been one month, right?" She nodded in response before adding

"She said yes."

Her expression contorted with disbelief upon hearing that Danielle had agreed to her proposal that fast. However, she quickly regained her composure and praised the girl

"You're doing a great job, Haerin. You deserve the prize that I gave to you."

The follower feel uneasy about the woman's words. She knew there was a deep-seated resentment towards the Aussie girl, and she was curious to know why.

"Why do you hate her so much?" The cat-eyed girl asked, hoping to get some clarity on the situation.

"And why do you need to know?"The woman snapped back because she didn't want to open up the wounds that Danielle had caused her.

"I'm just curious" Haerin replied, trying to keep her voice steady.

"Let's just say we hurt each other in the past" she replied, her voice filled with sadness.

She starts to wonder why the woman wanted revenge when she had also hurt Danielle.

"Then why do you need to revenge when you also hurt her?" she asked making the air thicker.

"YOU DON'T CARE, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I SUFFERED BECAUSE OF HER!" the woman erupted in anger. Haerin fell silent, not knowing how to calm her down.

"Just do what I'm saying and be thankful, your dreams come true because of me. You're nothing without me" the woman said, her voice laced with venom.

Haerin clenched her fists, feeling belittled, but she knew she had to keep her anger in check.

" I want to see how she suffer, I'll make her life miserable. Do your job properly because I'm always watching you two" the evil girl added making the latter nervous.

But now, her perspective had changed. Ever since she had gotten to know Danielle, Haerin couldn't shake off the feeling of wanting to protect her.

" Get out of here now"

" And I'll warn you once again DON'T YOU EVER FALL IN LOVE WITH HER" she said in a stern voice making Haerin grit her teeth.

" What will you do if I did?" She tested her making the girl's blood boil by hearing those words from 'Miss Aromantic'

" Then I'll make sure that the whole campus will know that you rigged the votes" she threatened her but the President didn't give a fck, all she thinks right now is Danielle.

Her desire before is starting to vanish, it worries her more knowing that the consequences of not sticking with the deal will make everything messed up.

" Do you still love her?" Haerin questioned her without any hesitation, curiosity hits her why she always get warned to not fall in love with the Aussie girl.

" Yes" She got shocked from her response, didn't know how to react.

" What you're doing is not love" she stated firmly

" I can't just let her walk away like that. She broke me. I need her to feel what I felt........

I want her back, I'll prove to her that no one can love her the way I did"

Hearing those words makes Haerin's knees weak, all she wanted right now is to protect Danielle but she's having a hard time on how to do that because her job is the opposite, to destroy her.

She cursed in silence because she was starting to catch feelings towards her so-called girlfriend.

And the fact that she's standing in front of her rival causes her anxiety to worsen.