28

Danielle's POV

In the depths of these long, agonizing months, I find myself consumed by a monstrous darkness, robbed of the sight to see the world as it truly is.

Why does the world blame everything on me when all I did was to love genuinely.

As I gaze upon the empty bottles and shattered glasses that litter the table, I realize that this will be my final refuge, my last attempt to numb the ache within me. But it seems that even the strongest elixir cannot cure the longing I feel right now.

"Stop drinking, Danielle. That's enough" a voice implores, attempting to pry the bottle from my grasp. But I cling to it with a desperate resolve.

This is my only medicine.

"Don't you dare touch me, Riwon" I retort, my voice dripping with disdain. I don't give a damn to anyone anymore.

"You've had too much, you might get sick" she persists.

"I don't care! I don't need you! Stay away from me!" I snap, my words silencing her momentarily.

"No, I will stay here" her stubbornness only serving to stoke the fire of my anger.

"I SAID STAY AWAY FROM ME! I KNOW YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THIS! MY LIFE HAS BEEN A MESS BECAUSE OF YOU!" I shout, drawing the attention of onlookers.

" The police have no enough evidence, right? Plus there's many people who secretly hate Haerin. Why do you need to blame it all on me?" Oh, such a skilled actress. She could easily replace Satan in the depths of hell.

"Tsk, stop lying to me. You can't fool me anymore"

"I'm not lying, Danielle. I'm telling the truth" she counters.

My head suddenly hurts, that's her line whenever I'm doubting her and she's defending myself, I miss you her so much.

As I open my eyes, all I can see is Haerin. She stares at me, her gaze penetrating deep into my being.

"Haerin, I miss you" I blurt out, unable to contain my longing.

Without hesitation, I lean in and kiss her, the intensity building as she responds with fervor. A bite to my lower lip elicits a moan from deep within me. We dance in perfect rhythm, but she breaks away first.

"That was good" she mutter, my mind reeling.

What has come over me? I swear I saw Haerin in her, but now she has become Riwon. I massage my throbbing head, trying to fight off the dizziness that threatens to consume me.

Fuck, fuck, fuck! Why did I kiss Riwon? This is my fault. I should have heeded her advice to me before that I should not drink. I begin to slap myself, I did a mistake. I kissed another girl, I betrayed her. I'm sorry, my love, I should have think of you before myself.

"Where are you going?" she asked, my world still spinning. I need to get out of here before I could kill someone.

" FOLLOW ME OR I'LL SL*T YOUR THROAT " I warn, devoid of hesitation.

I stumble out of the bar, desperately craving for fresh air. Tears stream down my face, a torrent of regret for my actions.

Familiar figures rush toward me, their faces etched with concern. Among them, I recognize Hanni, and I embrace her tightly, unable to hold back my sobs as she offers a hug.

"Danielle, there you are. Why didn't you let us know where you were going? We were all so worried about you"

"Hanni, do you think Haerin will hate me?" I gasp, my breath coming in ragged bursts.