C28

Three Weeks later

"Oh, that's good mate, so good," Nate laughs snorting at Caleb's joke. "I've never laughed so hard in my entire life."

I roll my eyes and glance to my side to share a knowing look with Alicia. Nate and Jessica are the only ones laughing at Caleb's poor attempt at cracking jokes. Nate keeps laughing because frankly he finds everything funny and Jessica is just supporting him and doing the low fake laughter. I don't know what's funny about dancing headless chickens.

The five of us are sitting at my table, we could say Caleb has decided to join our crew because he's been hanging around us lately, and I can't say I don't like it because it's been really fun showing him the ropes and how to navigate the school.

Three weeks ago something terrible happened and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I can't talk to anyone about it because I don't want to drag anyone else with me. It's all me and I'm going to find something to do about it myself because the people I thought I could trust keep betraying me and my heart can only take so much.

I've been focusing on my school work and my drawings. I've missed so much at school and I'm going to need a miracle to graduate. Fuck! I suck so much. Being a real student isn't something I like but it keeps me distracted from my feelings. My friends are also around to keep me sane even if I'm so fucking tired of hearing Nate laugh.

I haven't spoken to Damian and the headmaster since the ridiculous scan they did. It's not like the headmaster didn't try but I couldn't talk to him because I cannot believe him of all people could do that to me. Again. Damian haven't reached out and they only place I hear him talk is in his class. I don't create anymore trouble for him, in fact I've been as good as gold. And that hurts more than anything, knowing what he did and not even bothering to apologize. That's fucked up and I'm tired of waiting around for him to come apologize. I'm not proud enough to not admit that I want him to apologize even though I remember telling him not to talk to me again, but I really didn't expect him to listen. He hurt me. He should be kneeling in front of me, begging for forgiveness but I guess Dihipians have their ego.

"Cami? You listening?" I snap out of my thought when I feel Alicia's hand on my shoulder as she shakes me.

I look at her and shake my head. "Sorry what?"

Nate snickers from my front, which makes me turn my gaze to him. "The only time I–"

The speaker in the cafeteria buzz as the familiar sound of the headmaster's voice booms across the room. "Announcement: all students are to go to the gym right now."

"Right now?" I frown. "What's going on?"

I'm not done eating breakfast, what's all this about?

"The best announcement of the year, come on and you'll see for yourself," Nate answers in an exciting tone and it's not just him that's happy. I look around the cafeteria and see students rushing out of the place.

Nate stands up and looks to his left where Jessica is sitting and offer her his hand. "My lady?" She blushes and takes his hand.

"Whipped," I mutter and grab my backpack on the ground before getting up.

Nate chuckles at my comment before his girlfriend replies, "whatever you say, Cami." She winks and moves her eyes beside her.

I shake my head and glare at her for that. Caleb is standing beside her and I don't want him to suspect anything.

It was last week when Jessica told me she thinks Caleb has a crush on me, and Alicia, that two timer supported her, adding 'i thought I was the only one who noticed.'