C38

"I want to show you something," Alicia says as we stop in front of her room.

Well, duh. I followed her all the way from my room, my building to this room, risk getting caught by Mr. Snickle. Of course I know she wants to show me something, she doesn't need to tell me formally.

But I don't say anything. This is her moment and I'll let her have it.

She opens the door to her room and step aside for me to enter. O... Kay. I walk inside the room but I can't really see anything because it's dark in here and outside. Alicia enters after me and closes the door.

"Hey, is your sister around?" I ask out of curiosity because I can't make out anything on the other bed. Alyssa hates my guts, so I need to be prepared for her wrath when she wakes.

"Nope, she's having...well, issues at the moment, so she spends so much time in the restroom," she answers as her side lights up when she turns on the bed lamp.

She goes on her knees and pull her bedspread up before bending down to reach for something. A small purple velvet box.

That's odd. I was expecting something a lot bigger.

She goes to a sitting position, resting her back against the drawer beside her bed. She opens the box and brings out a necklace, not a necklace per se. It looks like a necklace with balls of crystal pendant. Five crystals to be exact. Oval shaped and the sizes decreases downward. I'm no fashion expert but I think those crystal are out of date, they're vintage.

I move closer to her and slowly take my seat on the floor without taking my eyes off the crystals. I've never seen anything like it before, it is beautiful.

"What is this?"

Alicia looks from the crystals to me and answers, "This is a Lan Degar."

I raise my eyebrows and tilt my lip upwards before saying, "Alan De what?"

"Lan Degar. A shower or revealer, which ever is better suited for you."

I nod like I understand what she's saying but I've got no clue. "Oh... A what?"

She rolls her eyes and chuckles before placing the necklace on the floor, using her forefingers to spread the crooked piece. "It's basically a truth revealer or shower. If you have this on you and you ask anyone a question. It will reveal if the person is lying or telling the truth. I was thinking you take it with you." She explains but I don't get the last part.

"Take it with me where?"

She raises her head to look at me, she moves her eyes to corner before settling it back on me like she can't believe I just asked her that and expecting an invisible force to share the laugh with. "On your date with Caleb dummy."

Oh, yeah, right. I wasn't thinking.

"Sound like a perfect idea. Thank you."

I keep underestimating this girl. Who would have thought about this? Certainly not me. Having the crystals with me gives me the upper hand in our conversation. That way I'll know when he's telling the truth or lying, then I'll be a step closer to finding out if he's the real Caleb or an imposter, and if he turns out to be the latter, then I'll know what to do next.

"You're welcome," Alicia says with a smile, "I'm glad I could help."

"Help? Alicia this is more than helping, thank you, really," I reply with a smile.

She nods and packs the necklace back into the box, she covers it and gives it to me. I collect it and put it in my pajamas pocket.

"Now that that's over, can I go back to be bed? Can we–?" I don't get to finish my question as the door open and Alyssa slides in. She stands by the door and her gaze goes forward, resting on me.