C48

Heartbroken, she shook her head and backed away without taking her eyes off him, which paid off because just when Caleb was about to say something, he raised his head and met her gaze. She wasn't expecting it and thought it was just a mistake but he held the gaze. He was watching her like this was the first time he was seeing her. It was the best moment for Sofia because to her it felt like no one was inside the room with them. It was just him and her until Caleb's girlfriend wrapped her arm around his waist and pressed a kiss on his cheek, which pulled his attention away from Sofia.

She didn't mind. At least he noticed her and she knew he would find her later.

She returned to her corner with a big smile on her face. She watched Caleb interact with his friends. She waited for him to look at her again but he never did, so she went upstairs to look for her friend. She opened the first room she saw. It was dark inside, she went inside and pressed her palm against the wall to find the light switch but she didn't, at least not before she felt another person in the room.

"What are you doing in here, Sofia?" Caleb asked behind her.

Sofia swallowed. "You know my name," that was the first thing she said.

The sound of the light switch flickered and the light filled the room. "Of course I do. Turn around."

"Why?" She asked, not turning around.

He approached and stopped right behind her. "You're hiding from me, I don't like it when people hide from me. Show me those beautiful brown eyes."

His words made her happy. And she did as she was told. She turned around slowly and met his gaze. She was so nervous and excited at the same time.

"Happy now?" She asked him.

He smirked and moved closer to her. "Very," his arms goes around her waist as he pulled her closer to him. "Why have we never talked before?" She shrugged, not answering him. "I think this is the first time I'm seeing you. Why is that?" She blinked at him, also wondering why they'd never hung out. "You've been hiding from me, haven't you?"

She shook her head.

"You're very–"

The door of the room was suddenly yanked open, interrupting whatever he was about to say, "Caleb, are you–?" His girlfriend stopped and staring at the both of them. "What is going on in here?" She asked, her eyes glued on Caleb's arms around Sofia.

"It's not what you think," Sofia quickly said, and tried to pull herself away from Caleb but he kept his arms where they were, not letting her go.

"What do you think I'm thinking about right now?" The girlfriend made a move, a very fast one that even caught Caleb off guard. She went behind Sofia's back and grabbed her hair.

Sofia grunted. The girlfriend moved Sofia's head to the side, showing Caleb her neck. "Beautiful and fresh, don't you think?" Caleb smirked again. "You always love them beautiful and fresh, innocent too. You know what tonight is?" She yanked Sofia's head back and asked her the question.

Whimpering from the grip the girl has on her hair, she shook her head.

"Tonight is the night you all fucking die."

Sofia froze up.

Caleb tsked and removed his arms off her. "Don't scare her, Claire."

I try not to break concentration at the sound of that name. Claire? What are the chances that the name is just a coincidence?

"Why not? We'll kill her eventually, isn't it better we have fun with them before we drain their bloods?" She stuck out her tongue and licked Sofia's neck.