2| Dean

Take Me To Church
Dean (Chpt. 2)
———

Salem stared at the door for a moment, gathering herself before placing her hand on the handle and turning it slightly. She pulled open the door, furrowing her eyebrows slightly when she's greeted by Bobby and Sam.

"Hey, Kid." Bobby says with a broken smile.

Something's wrong.

Her eyes shift to Sam, searching his face for a clue as to what was going on. But then her eyes landed on the person behind him.

Dean.

Her gaze softened, heart sinking to her gut.

She shoved past Bobby- past Sam- and shoved the man against the wall, placing a knife to his throat.

"You're not Dean." She hissed. "You're not my brother!" She held the knife against his neck, wanting so badly to sink it into his skin. "Do you think this is funny?!"

"Salem! Salem!" Bobby yelled desperately, grabbing her arm and pulling her back, making her face him. "It's him. We've tried every test known to man. He is your brother."

Salems eyes widened, then softened. She dropped the knife, turning to face the brother she knew to be dead. "It's really you?" She asked through a shaky breath.

When the boy nodded, she threw her arms around him, pulling him into a hug. "How?" She asked softly, tears pooling slightly in the corner of her eyes.

"I don't know." Dean replied.

Salem backed out of the hug, but left her hands in the man, looking into his eyes. They revealed his hurt- his pain from hell.

She let out a sigh, then shifted her eyes to her other brother. She furrowed her eyebrows and clenched her fist as the wheels turned and it clicked.

She then punched Sam in the face. "You did this, didn't you." She hissed. "You got to it first! That's where you've been." The man wiped the blood as the corner of his mouth. "I'm going to lose you now, aren't I? I wanted to get to it first so I could be the one dying. I'm tired of losing my family- but no- nothing would sell."

Tears pooled in the corner of her eyes slightly and Sam furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" He asked, frustrated.

"Don't play dumb with me!" Salem hissed, waving a finger at the man. "You sold your soul to save him- didn't you?!"

"No..." he said, gaze softening ever so slightly. "That's why we came here... because we thought you did. Trust me- I tried... but nothing would sell. Everything that was gold is now-"

"Dirt." Salem finished. Her voice was soft and solemn and she kept her gaze on the floor and crossed her arms. Tears pooled slightly in the corner of her eyes and she chewed slightly on the inside of her cheek. "I know."

"Wait. If neither of you sold your soul... then how is he out?" Bobby asked, glancing between the siblings.

Salem exchanged a look with Sam, then landed her eyes on Dean. He let out a sigh, shrugging. "I don't know... but what ever did left this."

With that he lifts his sleeve, revealing a bright red hand mark on his upper arm. Salem's eyes widen slightly as she sees the irritation on his skin, the bright red color making her stomach hurt.