Chapter 10: Death from the depths

Yashiro Shazo, also know as Nemesis-12, shuddered... It was cold tonight as he patrolled the hold... He gripped his gun harder, that part of the ship was maybe one of the gloomiest... Even if he could see in infra-red thanks to his quirk, everything was blue, that meant it was cold, the cars, the buses, the boxes... He heard the footsteps of his patrolmate, Nemesis-9, right behind him...

-I hate it here... That's really the gloomiest part of the ship...

He mumbled...

-I agree on that, and it doesn't helps me... My Hellfire Bolt won't be efficient as usually... Anyway, you see anything?

Asked Nemesis-9. Yashiro quickly thought about what he just said... His quirk won't work efficiently if they were attacked... Well... If they were attacked, Nemesis-12 wasn't worried about that at all, they wouldn't enter from here... Right?

-No, it's all cl-?

He was seeing a small red dot behind a box, right ahead.

-I see something. I don't know what's that is...

Yashiro lifted his gun, he knew his patrolmate didn't needed one... He could unleash his bolts if needed... Nemesis-12 approached the box and pointed his gun toward the dot... It wasn't a dot, it was a hole... the torn edges of the hole were still smoking from the heat, and Nemesis-12 had no trouble guessing that an explosive had gone off here, and that very recently. And it was placed from the outside.

He heard a noise behind him, a muffled cry of surprise, something or someone falling to the ground. Yashiro turned just at the moment a knife's blade plunged into the neck of his patrolmate, it was held by a guy with a full diving suit, crouching above the body of Nemesis-9, Yashiro lifted his gun instantly, but before he could do anything, everything was black...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izuku looked at the body of the second criminal collapsing face first on the ground, he had shot him right in the back of the head, 8 put the knife he just have used back in his sheath, before indicating the dead body at Izuku's feet.

-3, take his radio if he got one.

3 crouched, turned the body on the back, unbothered by the pool of blood starting to form under the criminal. The medic searched the pockets, but found nothing. No radio or anything, 8 also found nothing after his search...

-What should we do with the bodies?

Asked Izuku.

-Cover us while we drop them in the sea.

Said 8. The greenette nodded, and placed himself behind the box that hid them, looking at the empty alley made of cars and vehicles... Thirty seconds after, one of his teammates tapped his shoulder. It was time to move.

The three were moving quickly, avoiding the occasional patrols or surveillance cameras. Their next objective was precisely the camera room, they had to know where the hostages were before making their next act, after around twenty minutes, they arrived in front of the room... They had left the hold, and they were now in a part of the ship they didn't knew... Luckily, the cams room was left ungarded, only by a single camera they could take care of. They slowly appraoched the room, and 8 fired a bullet at the camera, destroying it. This had the effect the wanted, and the Tango inside the room came out to see, he stood in the doorway when he saw them, and opened his mouth to scream, but 3 shot him and killed him before anything could happen.

-Tango down.

3 notified.

-Get in the room, quick.

Ordered 8. The three moved inside of the room, Izuku pulled the body back in before closing the door. Before leaning against a wall... 8 spoke up.

-Everything is going smoothly for now. 3, where is the target?

3 had immediately directed himself to look at the screens as they entered, and immediately responded.

-With the rest of the hostages, in the main hall. Guarded by seven Nemesis guys.

Izuku looked at 8, if he was with the rest... That meant change of plans... But quite honnestly, it wasn't surprising... 8 approached the screens, putting his gun on the table, and stood next to 3, rubbing his chin thoughtfully...

-That means we will have to-

The door of the room opened, and a laugh filled the room...

-Yeah that was a good jo-

The voice of an enemy said as he entered the room, unaware of them beeing inside... The Tango turned the head and saw them inside with the body of his teammate on the ground...

-Oh sh-

Izuku grabbed the first thing that was on the wall near him, a fire extinguisher, and struck the Tango's face with it, the enemy staggered backwards before collapsing. A second voice exclaimed outside.

-What the hell?

8 grabbed his gun and fired in the wall, right near Izuku, the bullets pierced the wall, there was a scream outside, and a body fell.

Everyone remained silent... Until the enemy Izuku had struck regained his senses, he got up on his elbows, bringing his hand to his helmet, but took another blow from the fire extinguisher, which Izuku was still holding, in the face... After another minute of silence, 8 spoke up again...

-Alright... So... As I was saying. Change of plans, we will free everyone. So it will cause a riot against the Tangos, and will take advantage of that to free the VIP, the heroes navy and coastguard will probably react and send in reinforcements to the hostages, but we will try and avoid them. It will be easier as we will be only four.

The two nodded... They had only that choice anyway.

After they have pulled the two others inside, the three Bravo Team members have moved cautiously accross the cruise, as they were getting closer and closer of the place the hostages were kept, the patrols were more and more present, one patrol even nearly saw them... Izuku was tensed now, assuring the back on them three, he had a hard time. Sometimes, they even had to move from cover to cover, shadow to shadow to avoid the sight of the enemies, they had to be silent until the last second. The three teammates have stopped talking, or even whispering, using hand movements to communicate. At a moment, they stopped, and 8 pointed up. He wanted them to go up. So they took the nearest staircase, also narrowly avoiding a patrol to see them... Izuku took the lead, until at a moment... 

A door opened behind him, and a soldier entered, right in front of 3, the enemy was as surprised as 3, and they both didn't reacted immediately, the Tango pulled his weapon, a pistol, out of his holster, and pointed it at 3, meanwhile the medic had pulled his knife out, the medic struck the villain right in the neck, blood spurted from the wound, and the criminal dropped his pistol...

Which hit the ground in a thump...

Bounced two times on the ground...

Then the click...

-PANG!-