Chapter 26: Trust and friendship.

-That's how you do it! The extras took all the brunt in the face!

Izuku turned the head and responded...

-They searched it Bakugo, and I only responded by logical means.

The explosive tapped his shoulder.

-Hey, it's fine, no one at this table is against you.

-Yeah! We are with you no matter what! That's what friends should do!

Said Uraraka.

-The others don't have an adequate behaviour right now. I'll say things like they are. They don't trust 10. But we all understand why he did this. Even Aizawa-sensei understand his act.

Everyone at the table nodded slowly... Izuku honnestly didn't cared about what the students were thinking about him in a bad way. That meant they didn't understood anything in life. Earlier, he made his weapon's slide clack, it was only to silence anyone.

-I have one single job here. And it's protect the heroic course students, I honnestly don't give a single damn about what peoples think about me...

He put his Colt M4 on the table with strength, the weapon making a huge noise as it scrapped on the table. The students on the tables around stopped talking to give him fearful looks. But Izuku continued.

-I am a vigilante, the kind of peoples that the peoples I sworn to defend illegally don't like. The ones that thrive in the shadows so peoples can live in the light. Some vigilantes even do better than pro-heroes. I am 16 and quirkless in addition, but I did much more dangerous missions than a hero will accomplish in his entire career. I am constantly in the middle of a sniper sight. And that sniper only waits a single false step to shoot. I live a dangerous life daily. And a gun pointed at your head makes little things like the opinion of peoples look like a joke.

Jiro spoke up after a moment.

-10... Uhmm... You actually never told us what you lived through...

She was trying to change subjects. But it was a savior.

-What I lived through?

Izuku lifted his weapon from the table and put it on his legs straight, canon pointing at the ceiling, doing a little check... It was starting to be a behavorial tic at this rate.

-I can resume it in... Five single words. Blood, mud, guns, death and agony. I see that frequently. I went through a load of missions, going to simple and pure extermination to rescue and infiltration missions. One of them, you know it of course, the attack on the Atlantis. I soaked bullets instead of innocents, and even took swords.

There was a silence at the table. Until.

-Wait. What do you mean by swords?

Bakugo said, before becoming red of anger.

-YOU TOOK F*CKING SWORDS IN THE BODY AND NEVER TOLD ME?

The greenette remained perfectly calm while Uraraka, Iida and Tsuyu tried to calm down Bakugo.

-Yes I did.

The greenette responded, calmly. And Bakugo sat back down, with a sigh.

-You're umbereable when you're alone.

Izuku had a small smile.

-That's why you never leave my side?

Bakugo sighed again.

-Whatever...

Izuku knew it was exactly that. Bakugo, Jiro, Iida, Uraraka and Tsuyu sacrificed their friendships to support him. The fives were seen as outcasts supporting a serial killer. He was technically one, but at least he did it for justice.