13. Shivani

After 6 months

I heard a bang outside my door.
I thought something must have fallen but no its was pushed deliberately.
I at first ignored it but it continued and got intense and suddenly silence.
Silence before a havoc kind of silence.
I had to get out and look because this was not normal.

I tried to open my door but it was stuck, no matter how much force I applied, it was stuck. I called out advit's name, I called out shivaansh's name. Nobody answered, I got worried sick.

I started banging the door with so much force its started hurting, I screamed, cried and yelled yet nobody answered.
I looked around for something to hit the door with and grabbed a big vase so that I could throw it and grab someone's attention.

As soon as I picked up the the vase to throw it, the door knob clicked and it was shivaansh. He opened the door and had some keys in his hand.

"Did you..lock...my....door" I cried
Confused with the thought that why he locked my door.
"Yes I did" with a stern expression on his face. I was all the more confused and worried because I know my brother very well and I had never seen this expression on his face ever like in my entire life.

"Why.. are.....you saying it with that face, what..what...happened" I couldn't even force the words to come out of my mouth But I somehow managed to say something.

He didn't answer. He was standing there still with one hand on the door knob and other one on the adjacent wall.

I pushed him and got out of the room only to witness a huge mess.
Clothes on the floor, decorations I bought shattered and plates broken and scattered all over the floor.
This is all so confusing what happend.
What in the hell happened.

I turned to shivaansh to ask him again and I noticed huge cuts and bruises on his hands.

I ran towards him to take a close look at his hand.
"What the hell happened here, where is advit and why is your hand bruised?"
"He...I....ahh"
He looked like he could barely speak something.
The look on his face got all the more intense and it made me worry alot too.

"Will you say something or no, wait I'll call him and ask him"
I rushed in my room to pick up and phone and dial his number.
"No, don't call him, he...ah .....he .....left"
"LEFT?, FOR WHERE?"
"Ok fine I'll say it, he left, his dad is sick, don't call him, he doesn't want to talk to anyone'
"What in the hell, I know his dad is sick and I know it's been a month but he never mentioned leaving to see him"

Last month his mum called, his dad had a paralytic attack he had been hospitalized but we had been on touch with him ever since and he was getting better.
But what happened and why was everything such a mess.

"Have you had a fight with him?" I asked in a very low toned voice he almost didn't hear me

"No, we both fought with his older cousin brother , he....just had to leave, you ask him but don't call him today, just call him tomorrow when his temper has cooled downed a bit.

"What..."

I called him regardless.
He picked up
"What happened?, why did you leave?, are you alright" I just bomb barded him with loads of questions

"Shivani.... I won't be returning, I....have to take care of everything here..I probably may...never see you again..it's complicated"

"What the fuck happened, will you for God's sake tell me"

"I can't, I just want you to know that I really love you and I always will but I may never see you again, everything here has just shattered and I have to take care of it like a good son, I have been immature all along and weird too and obsessed and absurdly emotional, I have not been able to recognize what was wrong with me and I cannot right now as well.
I have been just out of my place, it feels like everything is over and the fact that we may never meet again terrifies me, but I can't and I can't keep you waiting, the last six months have been the best in my life.
The coffee dates, the late night talks, the random conversations turned into intellectual ones, you coming out of the exam hall just to tell me you barely passed to you achieving the highest, you have made me proud but ever since my dad fell ill I have been distant, I know And I know you felt it too, and I am sorry but I can't anymore, i----"

"What are you--"
" I think we should break up, this is not going work and I have to focus here and I can't ruin your life you should move on and focus on your life there, please don't call me, this is already very hard, now I can't bear you suffering because of me too.
I am sorry for being all obsessive and blunt and weird and lastly thankyou for loving me at my worst but now at I can't give you this, this advit is even worse than the one that was with you"

He abruptly cut the call, I tried calling him again but he had blocked my number.

"What did I do to deserve this?"

...

Now you all know why he was weird but I had tried to mention everything in less detail because I wanted them to connect more after the marriage and all but ok

Happy reading