17. Shivani

"Oh god, no not again.
Oh shit it's all coming back

"I need....to...calm down.
Oh god." I say that out loud as feel breathless and uneasy.
I felt like I was losing all my balance and was about to fall.

I grab the edge of the table to keep my balance and take a seat on the plastic chair beside it.

I was suddenly very thirsty and my hands were all really sweaty.
I closed my eyes to calm myself but ended up getting more anxious.
It felt like I was seeing a movie with all my memories and getting weird flashbacks.
I wasn't able to open my eyes.
It felt like I was about to pass out.

'Oh god, I cannot pass out, I have a meeting with my opposition in an hour'.
I thought myself and got out of the chair and tried to walk.
But my walk was wobbly and I was loosing balance.

"AVA!!!" I yelled from my office, only to see her running in high heels towards me.

"Can...you...please...HELP" I was barely able to say something but somehow managed to ask for help.
I see her...rushing....my....thoughts.....getting..blu---

....

As opened my eyes I saw ava holding a glass of water and feel droplets on my face.
She must have sprinkled water on me.
I try to sit up on the couch I was laying on.
"Are you okay, do you need something, should I call the doctor????"

No, I am fine, it was just a panic attack, I am sorry, I freaked you out"

She suddenly got up and looked at me with eyes filled with rage

"SORRY, FREAKED OUT, BRUH NOT JUST FREAKED OUT, I WAS TERRIFIED, I THOUGHT YOU DIED, YOU BITCH, HOW MANY TIMES DID I TELL YOU NOT TO OVERWORK YURS----"

"OK, shh calm down, I am fine, it's all okay"

Why am I the one comforting her when I had a panic attack?
I don't know

"Okay tell me, what is this case, and why do I have it?, wasn't this Mr.dylan's case to handle?"

"Actually, his wife met with an accident and he has taken a 3 month leave, it's pretty bad, we don't know if she'll survive so boss said to hand it over to you, he said it'll be a great experience"
Ava replied

A nice experience, my foot, I cursed under my breath

"What?"

"Oh no, nothing, are they reaching in-???"
"Yea, they are almost here"

"Who all...are....uhmm......coming....i-"
Again, again, why am I falling short of words, oh God I need that confidence I have in court  room right now, I am pretty good at my job you know *hairflip*

"The defense lawyer, and the ceo and the manager of the construction company of the Rana group of industries are all coming"
Ava said in one breath, doing her weird hand actions she always does.

"THE CEO!!!, OH GOD WHY IS HE COMING, IT'S A SMALL CASE, WHY IS HE COMING IT COULD BE SORTED IN A DAY CASE THIS IS, WHY...IS..THE....CEO..COMING"
I don't know why I was yelling at ava.
It's not like it's her fault at that.

"I...don't....know..uhm" I could see the look on her face she was terrified of me right now.

I signal her to leave because I was too frustrated at this situation.
Why is he coming?
Does he know I am the opposition?
Does he want to see me?
All these questions clouded my thoughts as I felt uneasy again.

Oh god, I dont want to think about it
Oh god.
As I was panicking again I heard a knock on my door.
It was them.
I got up and somehow managed to open the door.
I quickly moved aside to let them enter.
I only saw two people and none of the were aadi,....I mean advit.

"So I guess it's just the 2 of you then?"
I asked them with the brightest smile on my face.

"Oh, actually the CEO is running late, his flight was delayed actually, so."
The defense lawyer replied

"Ohkk so, actually my client is running late too, so we actually cannot start without him. How about we schedule it another---"
As I was about to finish the sentence, I heard two voices together uttering the same words.

"Oh there is no need of that,I am here"
Both of there voices echoed and I knew one of them was advit.
I knew it, I had a feeling

So I didn't turn around, one of them came and sat beside my chair, and I immediately turned towards him.

I whispered asking why he was late and he told me the most lamest excuse ever,
'There was traffic', oh please, atleast come up with a new excuse.

And then 'he' came and sat in front of me and oh my God.
His hair was slicked back with one strand falling down, he was wearing this blue fitted tuxedo kind of suit, which looked like it was tailored on him.
I sighed and took a deep breath, my eyes were fixated on him and him only.
I was feeling a bunch of different emotions together.
There were butterflies in my stomach and the back of my throat was aching with sadness, you know the pain in your throat when you want to cry.

And after a minute of me checking him out he finally looked at me and he was so shocked I guess that he got up from the chair pushing it all the way backwards with a sudden thud against the wall.(it had wheels).

I was looking at him in the eye and he was too and all the people were looking at us.

"I..." I barely said it out loud

"Sorry, an urgent work came up, can we schedule this another day please, thank you"
He said it in one go as if he didn't care and left the room and everyone's gaze was fixated at me.
The embarrassment, oh God.
It seemed as if he thought his wrist nightmare came back in his life again.
Ohk  fine if he thinks that, I don't care either.

......

Ohkkk this chapter is long.
Don't scold me😤😤