20. Advit

Ik khoya khoya chaand tha jo tha khafa khafa
Ik toota toota khwaab tha jo tujhse tha juda
Ik aadhi aadhi aas thi jo poori ho gayi
Tum mill gaye to jaane kyun ye doori ho gayi
Piya laage na.. jiya laage na
Tere binaa.. Tere bina..

I had just dropped shivani and turned up the volume for some music because the silence was killing me, and this is how my spotify started sprinkling salt over my wound. Like why this song and that too right now.

My phone started vibrating in my coat pocket so I put it on speaker in driving mode.

"Hey, aadi, where are you baby."
My mom spoke over the phone

"Hi , mumma, I am just 5 min away from my hotel, why, what happened......such a sudden call?"

"Yea, I am In London, can you pick me up from the airport......rest I'll explain later just come here"

"But......wha---"
She hanged up on me mid sentence.

God, ab koansa kalesh baaki hai?
Main kehta hun main baahen phelake
Khaada hun aur koi problem aani ho toh aajao bhai.

(God, what kind of problem is on my door now.
I am standing here with open arms, welcoming any sort of problems that comes my way now)

It was a 15 min drive to the airport and as soon as I got there I see my whole family standing there.
My mom's brother and sister with their respective partners and my dad's brother's and sisters with theirs respectively and on the other corner I see shivani's whole family.

She was looking at me with the "I don't know what is happening, save me" expression and I am not going to lie but same.

What in the hell is happening.

"Mom, what the hell is happening, I am here for work......basne nhi aaya hun"

(Mom, what the hell is happening, I am here for work........I am not going to live here my whole life)

"Haan haan mujhe pata hai, apni maa ko mat sikha"
My mom said while giving me a light smack on my arm.

(yes, yes I know, don't teach your mother)

"We need to talk about something important with the two of you." She said,  then she signaled shivani's mom to come where we were standing
"Abhi saath mein hotel hi chalte hai, baad mein dekh lenge"

(For now let's all head to the hotel, rest we will figure out later)

"Haanji haanji" she replied while nodding her head.

(Yes, yes)

Every piece of luggage was put up in shivani's car,which was by the way now filled up to the passenger seat, like there were bags on the passenger seat and hence no space so shivaansh decided to drive it, while the both of our family members tried getting in my car  which was again not possible.

"That is a car not a mini van or a bus"
She yelled from the back while I was looking sat her with the expression she gave me before.
'Save me'

"I'll call a cab, you guys come in that"
I told the 'extra parivaar' (extra family) " and The moms can come with me and her"
To which the both of them shared a smirk and giggled.

What the actual hell is my family.

And we got in the car and I started to drive, with shivani in the passenger seat and the moms in the back.

"What did you guys wanted to talk about?"
Shivani asked turning around a bit.

What!!! both of them wanted to talk about the sane thing, well I guess maybe.

"Yea....ummm....MARRIAGE"
The both of them said in union.

"MARRIAGE"
Now the both of us said in union.

"Yes....your MARRIAGE"
That gave an intense shock, so intense that I pressed the break so hard, sivani was about to hit the head but was saved by the palm of my hand.
The both of us Shared a look for two seconds and turned dramatically to our mothers.

"OUR MARRIAGE???????"

"YES, YOURS, .........MARRIAGE, you two are old enough"
Shivani's mom replied

"Yeh tereko driving nhi aati kya"
My mom smacked my head

(You don't know how to drive or what)

"Areee yaar, aap yeh 440 volt ka jhatka do gi ek dam se toh aadmi kya karega"

(Omg, what will a man do if you give him a 440 volt shock)

A frustrated me blurted out but I don't think she understood any of that bullshit.

"Let's go to the hotel and we'll discuss more"

The whole ride me and shivani kept sharing looks and I tell ya, it was awkward as hell.

......

"What is going on in the mind of you both" I spoke

"Yes, he's right, I am marriage.....right now, kyu!"

(Yes, he's right, I am marriage.....right now, why!!!!!!.)

That was a very dramatic kyu!!! From her, itna bhi bura nhi hun main, God ye  ladki!

"Kyuki the both of you are 25 now, you guys know each other well, bachpan se and you guys aren't dating anyone so just get married together"

(Because the both of you are 25 now, you guys know each other well, from childhood and you guys aren't dating anyone so just get married together)

"What!!!! What is that logic!!!!!"
An annoyed shivani spoke

"The most Indian mom talk you could do. Mother!!! yeh kya bol Rahi ho?"

(What are you saying)

"Sahi bol rahi hun, soch lo dono" she told us and signaled shivaansh was standing in the corner just as shocked as I was "sabha baitha lo aur bata dena.....I will not take no as an answer"

(I am very right, you can think it through,........,you all hold a meeting and tell us)
Maa ho ya dushman

......

"Tujhe Pata tha na, pata tha na......THA NA. BATA NHI SAKTA THA KAMINE!!!"
It was shivani vs shivaansh, bruh I was not getting in that fight.

(You knew, knew ........YOU KNEW,
THEN WHT DIDN'T YOU TELL US ASSHOLE)

"Bhai...bhai.....bhai.....aadi..... bachaooo"
Poor guy

(brother...brother...brother....aadi....save me)
Prayers
Sorrows  ......  prayers

"Kya batata, bhai vo.....rok thodi sakta tha"
I finally spoke or else he would have died

(What could he do...anyways they in any way couldn't be stopped)
"What do we do with this situation now?"
Shivani said circling her hands

"What!! Just say no and----"

"She said she won't take no as an answer, you idiot"

"Acha vo chodo let's count how many times you have called me an idiot today"

(Ok, leave that let's count how many times you have called me an idiot today)

We both started arguing completely ignoring shivaansh

"I didn't count but it was well deserved"
She said crossing her arms and giving me a side eye

"Woah........you guys are made for each other....don't say no, karlo shaadi, vaise bhi na hi tujhse koi pat raha aur na tujhse"

(Woah........you guys are made for each other....don't say no, get married, and in any ways, you couldn't get a girl and you couldn't get a man)

.....

A very fun chapter this is