32. Shivani

"Can you at least allow your towel to dry?..... you aren't supposed to leave it here......ON THE FREAKING SOFA"

I shout at the top of my lungs, one cannot help it. He has been on my freaking nerves ever since the marriage and has been keeping me on my toes 24/7.

a month ago we got married and landed in London 2 days ago.

it was fine the first 2 weeks but now he irritating me, I am starting to think he is doing it on purpose since.....'THE TALK'.

we had a 'talk' about giving our marriage a chance but it came with some rules. By giving a chance I meant not hating each other.

The rules are as follows:

no romantic feelings

separate rooms

separate work area

separate bathroom

no touching each other

not touching each other's things

Advit will cook in times of emergency (Shivani has the potential to burn the house down)

HDSVGISDBVSDABVS

The last line represents his frustration after writing the second point itself.

"I will not 'allow my towel'...TO DRY, it's my towel!!!!

We agreed on not touching each other's things, you should keep it down."

THIS FUCKING GUY!!!!!!

I fling that towel across the room in irritation just to see him roll his eyes at me. As he was about to say something my phone rang, I knew who it was but I just didn't want to pick it up.

it has been around 2 months since I started avoiding that particular case. I cannot get myself to work on it because by any chance if Advit is proven guilty, his company's reputation could shatter, and in turn everything that he has earned would slip out of his hands.

Firstly because his uncle doesn't think he is a great fit for the company. Second, all his rival companies would degrade that situation even more and do more damage to the situation.

"Why don't you pick that up, your phone has been continuously ringing since yesterday and you have been ignoring it," he says while sitting beside me on the sofa.

"Did your lawyer call you regarding that case?" I turn towards him and watch his facial expressions change to all gloomy as he exhales deeply.

" yea, he did, and apparently... oh why should I tell you what he told me you are the......oh shit I just forgot but why are you asking, are you going to fight that case against me?"

"I don't know....... my mind is a mess!"

I noticed his voice got deeper with the next sentence.

"would you have fought against me if we weren't 'married'?"

"Probably" I answer after a thousand thoughts cross my mind.

"then what's the problem, do it and it isn't as if we are having any kind of marital relation of that sort so....."

maybe he's right, maybe I shouldn't hold back but.......

"what happens if I win"

I say that very quietly, expecting him not to hear it but he did.

"then you simply win"

that sentence said a lot.

Some things remain good if they aren't spoken and in this case, a lot of things remained unspoken.

there were a lot of loopholes, a lot of things that just weren't making any sense at all.

he had all the documents referring the land to be his so why is my client claiming that that piece of land belongs to him?

my client also had all the papers then how the heck does my husband's paper say that that land is his?

this isn't even that complicated, one is fake and the other is simply not.

the problem isn't the case, the problem is my emotions. my client was my very good friend until his girlfriend happened and I know for a fact that that guy cannot lie to a kid, how could he forge this kind of papers?

Neither could advit do any of this.

If I didn't know these two, my life would have been so much easier.

............

(at Shivani's office)

"we will inform you about the scheduled date for the case on which we will need to visit the court, otherwise, we are fully prepared."

I say that both to my boss and my so-called client and signal him to come to my cabin.

"did you forge any of these documents? and I need an honest answer kyuki baad mein mujhe pata chal toh you'll be dead meat."

"why would I lie, do you think 'i' could do something like this?

This land was brought by my friend's great-grandfather and I bought this land to support him financially, he was the one who occupied it"

he did seem pretty genuine but I have known Aadi all my life and perhaps would trust him more, if he says he didn't then he probably didn't. But then again I have to act professionally.

"I need to inspect the site once."

I thought that to myself

....................

A pretty tall man in a dusky grey tuxedo was standing right in front of me staring at the unfinished building with gloomy eyes. I could recognize that man from 150 ft.

I approached him slowly, he was looking at that unfinished building like a person who was looking at stuff that brings back memories, harsh yet peaceful.

"you know my father wanted to expand his business to London and when I did that, this happened"

"at least you got here!"

I tried to encourage him with my words but he just let out an exhausted sigh.

"I wanted to help but there wasn't anything I could do, he has all the papers"

I reassured him, that at least I tried to

"so do I, how can this happen?

I paid the full amount, and all the needed paperwork was done but the registry ke time par something happened and it was registered in his name suddenly"

"you have the bank statement and all?"

"yes"

I knew there was something fishy about it, but I still don't know who was in the wrong and I don't what'll happen the day after tomorrow at the hearing.

"let's go home, staring at this building won't help"

.....................

this was a little short and maybe you guys are disappointed with me a little but I promise kal ek aur daalongi aur usme Mazza aayega but this chapter was much much-needed story build-up ke liye. Itne dino baad daal rahi hu comment kar do and like kardo.