16. Advit

"Burn it"
"Sir but these are the reports you asked for.....how am I supposed to?"

"Exactly, burn it if you want to produce such mediocre work infront of me, you may be forgetting so let me remind you, you here to work for me, for the Rana group of industries and here we don't give such mediocre work, we produce the best, we are the best!!"

"I don't like people who work for the sake of 'working'.
I have been working my ass to make this company where it stands today.
I won't let even an ant ruin the empire I have created after my father's death and that's that.
If someone wants to call me rude, arrogant  and an asshole, they can say whatever they want, I don't care." I said

"I need this file redone by the end of the day, do you understand?"
"Yes...yes...sir"
He answered
As soon as my HR manager left the room, i threw my self on on the couch in my office and loosen my tie a bit.

'Oh God, it is so exhausting to actually scold someone, now i feel bad' I say to myself as I read the huge TO DO list infront of me.

"Has anyone ever gotten what they want without working"
I let out a sigh and got back to work

I have expanded my father's company and turned into a group of major industries.
Construction, chemical, food, hospitals, electronics, oh God you name it, I have it.
This happened due to my bad habit of competition.
Everytime an employee, a Co worker, my assistant or even a beggar on the street mentioned something about a company growing in this industry, I had to open one as well.
Toxic?, yes
But that's how you survive in the business world.
If I have to make my father proud and happy I have to do this
But every industry I entered I made sure the work was done with ethics and legality.

....

It was 3 in the morning and I was still in office signing some important papers.

"How much longer will this take?, I have to catch a flight, ninaad"
I asked my assistant in a firm tone

Sir, I know you have to catch the flight to attend the meeting in London with the defense lawyer and the opposition but this is really important, i am sure you dont want any goofups with the reports again...."

"Oh god, you don't stop talking, do you? ,
Finish and bring it quickly, I have to go"

The moment the work was done I left for the airport.
I got in, did all the security check and shit that happens at the airport and sat in the lounge as I had 1 hour to spare.

I don't why, I suddenly felt very uneasy, it felt like this had happened once and was happening again.

And suddenly all the memories came back.
I was all sweaty, my breath was uneasy as I closed my eyes to calm my self a bit, I saw her.
The love of my life and how beautiful she was.
It would be a lie if I say I didn't think about her every single day of my life for the past six years but now since I was going closer and closer to her, to London, all those memories started coming back

The hugs, the kisses, the late night talks, everything.
My breath was getting uneasy by the second, i was on the verge of having a panic attack.
I may have changed, I may have turned into an advit nobody knows but there is a spot for her in my heart always.

I heard my phone vibrating from my coat pocket and it was shivaansh's call

'How does this guy save me when ever I am about to die?'
I thought to myself

"Did you board the flight?"
He asked over the phone
"Nah, am about to"

"Ok call me when you reach there"

I agreed with him and cut the call.

I specifically asked everyone to not tell shivani that I was going to London, I don't think she'll be happy hearing about me.
Everyone in our family didn't knew what happened between us except shivaansh so it's quite normal for them to call her.

I have created such a big empire, I have don't have time to spare on anything,
So I catch my breath slowly but surely and open my laptop to review the case details that had been sent to me by my lawyer in London.
Somebody filed a case against my construction company about illegal occupation of property, workplace exploitation and bribery.
I can't believe I am in this mess after doing so much.

But I guess with fame comes a lot of problems.

...

Thank you guys for waiting so much and having so much patience with me.
I hope you love this chapter.
And about you guys wanting longer chapters, I'll try but I can't promise
Thanks 😊