18. Advit

"Sorry, an urgent work came up, can we schedule this another day please, thank you"

Yes I ran, ran as fast as I possibility could.
I am 25 year old man and what am I doing?
I am running away from my ex girlfriend.
I am the ceo of one of the biggest group of industries and 'I' am running away like this.

Why, just why?

I just couldn't see the look in her eyes,
She was looking so hopelessly at me, her eyes were filled with tears.

"Sir, what important work, I have----"
My lawyer asked as he followed me outside the room

And as he was about to finish his sentence I stopped.
I freezed, then and there.

I could only think of one thing.
How embarrassing it would have been for her.
I promised my self i would change and I  did, then why am I going back to the 19 year old advit, why am I being the scaredy cat and weird guy I was.
I have grown up and oh my God I have to face this too no matter what.

So I turned around and went back to the meeting hall I came from.
I came in such a hurry that I didn't even see her properly, the only thing I saw were her teary eyes, which was again because of me.

I entered the room again, I saw her standing there with her hands on the table looking like her world just fell apart.

"I am so sorry, i talked to my assistant, the work is done now, we can continue"
I say in a low yet affirmative tone to not look stupid myself.

She turned around and looked at me as if she was about to kill the heck out of me, can't blame her, I deserved it, but I am I am facing it now, I am not the old dumnbfuck I used to be for as far as I am concerned.

I couldn't help but notice the bright honey, hazel colored eyes and how they sparkled in the sun and I forgot all about the panic attack, my heart was beating so fast as if it could explode any second now.
Her back suit with her hair tied in a pony tail, reminded me how she has completely changed her style and how confident she has gotten.

"Sure, please take a seat" she replied grinding her teeth while her client looked at me with a smirk on his face.

Bruh what was the smirk for, you idiot.

As I take a seat infront of her, her client starts talking to her about sometimes I couldn't hear.

'Maybe it's about the case'
I thought to myself

She smacked his hand as she started to speak.
"So I hope you all know this meeting is held to see if we can settle this matter out of court for any reasons concerned"

"Of course, yes"
My defense lawyer spoke

"So, my client has filled the case against your construction company, he believes that you guys are being dishonest and exploiting your workers and excepting bribes and not only that but you guys have also occupied property illegally to reconstruct the building"
She said as she fliped the pages of the files, there was an extra emphasis on building , as she stopped she looked at her client with very confused expression and then she looked at me with the same expression.

When I got confused myself, the defense lawyer spoke

"Yea, I too went through all the paper work and I am here to deny all of these allegations, as I don't think you guys have any sort of proof plus we don't believe all of this to be true"

"You don't believe it to be true, bruh who are you to believe or not believe, I have experienced all of this shit myself"
Her client interrupted in between.

Such a dog

"I thought, the conversation was supposed to be between the lawyers not the clients"
I said with a smirk on my face,
This dog will get what he deserves.

He got another side eye from shivani  which was  again well deserved

"You have experienced 'all' of that yourself??"
She was Hella confused

"Yes"

"Bruh you don't work there, how did you experience workplace exploitation, I do get bribery or illegal occupation but what the heck is workplace exploitation" she whispered near him but  i managed to hear it somehow

"My sister, she was working there, she told me"

"Okay, so you guys have two options available infront of you,
Mr.........Advit.." she took a pause for 5 seconds after saying my name while I was looking her in the eye, "first: drag this to court and let the judge decide or second: we could decide upon some compensation and settle this matter outside court, you guys decide an-----"

Before she could complete, her client banged his hand on the table which startled all of us and said

"I don't want any compensation, I want this to settle in court"

At this point I could feel like shivani's patience was about to break and was hanging by a piece of loose thread.

"Okay we'll see you in court then, thank you for your time"
The lawyer spoke from my side

We all bowed and said goodbyes and as the 3 of us left the meeting hall I heard her yelling.

"YOU DUMB IDIOT, YOU COULD HAVE SETTLED THIS OUTSIDE COURT AND WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AL OT OF MONEY, THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER DONE THIS AGAIN EVEN IF THEY DID BECAUSE THEY WOULD LOOSE MONEY AND SAVE OUR TUME , BUT YOU, SIR YOU WANTED TO TAKE THIS TO COURT,  NOW YOU WILL  LOOSE A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME AND ENERGY AND AT THE END THE JUDGE WILL ONLY TELL THEM TO COMPENSATE IN TERMS OF MONEY.

WE WERE DOING THE EXACT SAME BUT WITH ELIMINATING THE INTERMEDIARIES."

I was so proud as the heard all of that come out of her mouth, I was so happy she became such a good lawyer after struggling so much, I know she worked so hard and she finally was here, after all that.

I can't lie, I did stalk her all this time to make sure she was doing okay or not.

But the main problem is, who is this guy and why is he so casual with her and why was he being so weird.
I was in middle of all these thoughts with the manager spoke.

"Sir I think you'll have to extend your stay"

"Yea, I know, but you tell me how did this happen in the first place"

"I don't know Sir, the sister he was talking about was fired because she was found slacking and sleeping during work hours many times and matter about the property was settled by you only and about bribery, I have been trying to collect information but I have not yet received any"

"I want to visit the construction site tomorrow itself" I ordered and he nodded at my command.

...

Bruh come on, this was long
😤😤