𝐥𝐯.

AUGUST LOOKED BACK AT, the brunette that sat infront of him, a concentrated look over his features. He was too worried about Y/N, especially after what took place, and the ginger was actually more concerned about him than the girl, and that was because he was becoming way too fixated on the idea of saving her. It'd gotten so crazy to the point he wasn't even sure if he was doing this just to save her. It was almost like he was trying to be her savior. It was almost like he just knew he'd get something out of it, and that didn't look too good for him.

But at the same time he was mostly worried about him because he knew nothing too crazy would happen to her, even though there was a seventy percent chance she would've gotten hurt from Phoenix. He wanted to save her too of course, but he was still scared. He was scared of it all. He didn't know what was to come next, and that seemed to be the whole issue of what was going on. There was too much suspense for him.

"Oh, and I think I have another plan, but this is where you'll have to come in..! Do you think you can handle it?" He looked back at the redhead with crazy eyes that were followed by heavy breathes. Once he got nothing but a frown from the other man he backed up against his chair and nodded as if he'd just realized something, "Okay, I understand. You're still scared... Which is why I have a backup plan to the backup plan!!"

Unsure of whether he would be able to take any more of this, August peered down at the table, and allowed a sniffle to come from him. He felt so guilty about what he was going to do next, but he thought it'd be better to get it over with, "I'm sorry, but we have to stop with this... W-We can't always save everybody..."

That's when the brunette piped up and pulled a confused expression at the ginger. He hoped he wasn't implying what he was implying with those words, so he thought to get a more clearer answer from him, "Huh...?"

"I'm sorry... I.. I really am...! I can't keep doing this any more.. L-Let's just, let him have her... He's way more stable that way, anyway.." his quivering words made Gabriel strain his eyes at him in disbelief. The way he worded it made him feel sick to his stomach, and he couldn't believe he was giving up so early. He thought Phoenix was an evil person who didn't deserve someone like Y/N.

Slamming his large hand down against the table underneath the both of them, Gabriel then pushed his face closer to the redheads that silently turned his head to the side, not wanting to face him, "What? You're giving up that easily?? What kind of man are you...?! Y/N needs us or else she'll probably... end up dead in a fucking river!!"

August winced at the thought of Y/N actually ending up dead due to his closest friend, but he still didn't say anything which drove the brunette to even more craziness. Scoffing out, he sat himself back down against his seat and crossed his arms before he continued eyeing down the other teen, "I can't believe this shit... Didn't you like Y/N??"

"Huh? I.. I do like her! She's.. really sweet, and pretty too..!!" The redhead complimented although he knew she wasn't there to hear it. Still, he felt really bad about the whole thing and he didn't want to make himself out to be some evil guy.

Gabriel hated the way August stammered over his words, but the hate he was feeling because of that was nothing compared to the hate he was feeling because he'd just decided to given up on doing anything to help the H/C haired teen, "I think she's sweet and pretty too, which is why we also need to save her!!"

Raising a finger up to the side of his face, the ginger then began to scratch it up and down against his soft cheek, his eyes still on the table he and the brunette sat at, "What? We need to save her because she's sweet and pretty... that doesn't make any sense.."

"Come on, you know what I mean. I just.. don't think you should give up." Gabriel huffed out with a desperate glint showing through his eyes. He just wanted to make sure the girl would be okay without any of them.

"I don't want to, but... Just think about it... He almost killed you, he almost killed me, he almost killed Isabel... He really doesn't care about anyone other than her, and I think we shouldn't get in his way of his love, even if his love is a bit strange..." he told the other man once again, his heart pounding hard against his chest.

Now there was a look of disgust wiped on the brunettes face, and all he could do was shake his head from side to side, wondering how he even considered the ginger as one of his friends. He knew that was probably an awful thing to think, but he also realized he was saying some pretty awful things about Y/N and Phoenixes dynamic, so at this point he didn't mind it too much, "How can you just say something like that...?"

August felt like he was crumbling up into a little ball just from being underneath the brunettes eyes because of all the guilt he felt, rightfully so, "H-He's my bestfriend, I'm sorry..."

"I can be your new bestfriend." Gabriel responded with a half serious half joking tone in his voice. August simply shook his head as he continued to sink down in his own seat, embarrassed by what he'd just admitted to.

The both of them could say nothing else to each other, and that was practically eating away at Gabriel. He wanted to do something and he wanted to do something quickly. Of course the redhead admired him for that, he just couldn't see himself in that way. Plus, he was becoming an absolute madman, as everyone could tell, "Jesus! What do I have to say for you to get back on track with Y/N...?!"

Pausing, the ginger clenched his jaw, thinking back to Phoenixes words that Gabriel wasn't aware of at all. He'd spoken with the ravenette earlier, of course, and that's the whole reason why he had to break off this little game with the other male, but that wasn't all. His bestfriend had also requested something else. Something that was a little odd, but at the same time, he wasn't just going to leave his friend hanging. He did agree after all. So hesitantly, he gulped and muttered a short, "W-Well, maybe we could talk more about it at my house.."

guys follow my second wattpad account in case I get banned on here, it's ZOMB1EEEE