2. Trip day

"Amelia, Amelia! Wake up!" Whispered my mum. I opened my brown eyes slowly, I looked confused at her, then I realised that is the day, the trip day. I jumped out of bed, without even saying morning to her. I ran to the bathroom and took a refreshing shower.

I came back into my room to get dressed. I looked at the clock it was 6:18 am. I knew I didn't have to take a long time to be ready because I didn't need to look good for a 24 hours drive with the car. I brushed my long, brown, curly hair and went downstairs to eat. I quickly ate a toast with cheese and butter, I drank a orange juice and went into my room to make sure I took everything.

It was 6:52 when my mum shouted: "Come on hurry up, we're going". In exactly one second I was downstairs I almost felt down the stairs when running.

I opened the car door stepped into the black BMW and making myself comfortable. When the engine came to livlfe and my dad started driving my sister started singing: "We're going on a trip, in my favourite rocket ship.." I joined in aswell: "Going threw the sky.. Little Einsteins" at the end we just laughed being happy we are going back into our home country where I spent most of my children hood. Bye bye London, see you after a month.

Everything was quiet and peacefull, I was sitting and staring on the window when my sister started to piss me off. I love her, she's a part of me but sometimes, like almost always she can be so annoying. I yelled at her to leave me alone then she started crying and telling my mum that I'm blanking her. My mum started shouting at me. It always happen like that, I'm always blame because of her. I put my headphones on and played my favourite music ignoring everyone around me. I was singing silently the lyrics:
"You are something
I can't replace,
You make my heart work
You make me feel stronger
I'm not letting.."
I got interrupted again by my sister. She was yelling at me to shut up and calling me a stupid. Again, how can a 7 years old kid be that rude?

We drove for 13 hours long, it was 20:00 am. We decided to stop and rest at a hotel. We reserved a room and went to the hotel restaurant to eat something. After we finished we went in our room. I felt asleep thinking that tomorrow I'm going to see my grandparents but unfortunately we had almost 14 more hours of driving tomorrow to go untill then.

It was morning. We packed up our thinks, put them in the car and went to eat some breakfast. At 8:21 we were all done and we started driving again.

The journey was boring so I tried to kill some time playing 'Guess what's up' with my mum and sister. All you had to do was to put a card on your forehead and you had to guess what is write on the card.

Finally I ended up putting my headphones on again and listen to music. I love listening to music. I don't think I can survive without music more than 2 days. I was listening to john legend- all of me. This song is so sad that it makes me think of my crush. Why me? Why did I have to fall in love with a popular bad boy? Like me, a fucking ugly nerd has any chances with him. I was thinking on how would it be if we would be together (which btw will never happen) and a started smiling then crying. I might look desperate but I'm not, I don't really care if he doesn't like me, I ain't gonna beg him to love me, am I? Surely not, I would accept his opinion about me even if it would be a good or bad one. I am sure that me and him are never going to happen but I like dreaming, that's one of my fabourite hobby.

The time passed very quick probably because I listened to music all the journey and no one had bothered or said anything to me. I was in my happy place not caring what's around me.

It was almost night already. "We got 4 more hours to go" said my dad from the driver seat. Me and my sister both screamed a "yay" at the same time and I finally took my headphones off deciding to admire the view and watch the street, even if the view wasn't so amazing because we were on the motor way and all I was able to see was the street and trees, but at least the motor way has a big advantage which is that you get much quicker. I couldn't wait to get home, I mean my grandparents' home.

My mum told us that we are going to sleep at my grandma'a house for this night and in the morning we are gonna go to our house in the city where we lived before. I lived there for 10 years then I moved to my grandma'a house for 2 years then I finally moved in England.

We were almost at our destination, 20 more minutes to go and I was suddenly not tired anymore, now I was excited and impatient to arrive at our much waited destination. My dad, like always starts to sing a happy song about holiday. The happy song I most hate. Agh. I told him to stop covering my ears. He started singing louder just to piss me off. What kind of parents I've got...

I rolled my eyes and ignored him looking on the window.

10 more minutes. 5 more minutes. I began counting the minutes from the navigation that was telling us the exact time we will arrive. I already recognized the place, I had a lot of memories everywhere...

1 more minute...