Long Time No See

"I want to go to Namimori Middle School" Everyone stared at the almost 13 years old with dark brown hair, longer at the lower part, as if he had grown a second head. Even Yuuichi. They were all so sure that he'll definitely go to this prodigy school that he was scouted to, instead of this, average school of this town's. Being a top student of their Primary school, having to always getting straight 'A's and occasionally full marks for certain subjects here and there along with his whole career's and future's path shining upon him as clear as daylight, that, would be the least expected thing from him. To go to an average school. Heck it probably was never even on the list.

"R-ryuu? What are you talking about? Didn't you already accepted the scouting?"

"Sorry, Father. But I rejected it" They all looked at him as if he was joking but, he was dead serious. "I want to go to Namimori Middle" Sakura and Kei looked directly into his eyes, as if daring him to say it again. Despite that, he didn't back down and looked back at theirs' with firm resolve.

Sakura sighed, knowing that once her eldest son decided on something, he won't change it. "Alright-" Kei looked like he wanted to protest but gave up when his wife glared at him, promptly resigned on persuading his son too. "-But can you tell us why?" Even though she knew the perks of her sons, but she could never understand what was ever on the mind of the eldest. Not like anyone could anyway.

Ryuuichi smiled with the familiar, knowing look with hints of anticipation. "Thank you... It's because there's something I need to do at that school" 'And to be an audience to what will happen and to find answers' He wouldn't say that last bit. He couldn't. It's not because he's scared of rejection and made fun of. No. It's because the fact that he have memories from his previous life AND knowing the fact that this world doesn't exist. Who would believe him anyway?

He turned towards the surprisingly silent twin. He was usually hyper and he anticipated that he would shouted in protest and all. "Yuu, I know you wanted to go to that school really badly. So you don't have to follow me-"

"I'll go with you" Yuuichi interrupted him. His eyes firmed at the decision. Ryuuichi frowned. He really didn't think that his brother would want to follow him. "Why? You'll have a better and smoother way, not to mention it'll be fun-"

"It's true that I really wanted to go to that school.." "Then why-" His sentence was once again cut off. "But if you're not with me, I don't want to go there. It wouldn't be fun... And it's kind of lonely without you.." He looked at the youngest, disbelieved. Yuuichi could feel the stare boring holes at him and his cheeks heated up. He quickly added.

"B-besides!! How can you protect me when you're not with me!? Are you going to break your promise?!" He pouted, cheeks reddening even more with his brother including their parents.

"W-what!?!"

Ryuuichi suddenly burst, laughing out loudly. Sakura and Kei silently squealed at the adorable sight, seriously, the brotherly love between the two twins are so hilarious and cute that the two doesn't know how to take it. Ryuuichi slung an arm around his neck, pulling him into a headlock and rubbed his head with his free hand forcefully with a large grin. "Yes yes, Young Master~" Yuuichi yelped in pain, struggling to break away.

He had a fond smile. He suddenly remembered the incident 4 years ago that made him promise to protect his younger brother.

------------------------4 Years Ago-------------------------------

A loud bang silenced the whole class. The students who were chattering loudly all looked at the cause of noise, all shaken. There was no teacher since it was a free period. Ryuuichi, who was writing something in his notebook, something that he usually do, looked up and towards the cause. His eyes widen at the sight.