Discoveries

Ryuuichi and Yuuichi were having a cold war, Gokudera realized. It wasn't that obvious since they were still talking, but the way they interacted and reacted when near each other was so cold. They were having lunch together at the rooftop with Tsuna and Yamamoto, sitting in a circle as usual. What unusual was, despite sitting next to each other, the twin wasn't talking nor looking at each other at all. Not even a glance.

Gokudera didn't really understand since while he and his sister fought before, it was quick to come, quick to go unless it involved their parents, which was rare. He wasn't aware that the twins were capable of fighting against each other, seeing how close they both were. That, and Ryuuichi wasn't one to fight, verbally, that is. (There wasn't any injuries or bruises on the twins, so he deducted that they fought verbally.)

Tsuna and Yamamoto noticed as well, as they all sat in awkward silence, each eating their own food.

Gokudera leaned over to Yamamoto and whispered. "What the hell is going on?"

Yamamoto jerked a bit, worried. "I'm not sure. This is the first time I see them like this." He whispered back. Gokudera raised an eyebrow. Even Yamamoto didn't know. They both glanced at the brunette, who shook his head as well. The sixteen years old Ryuuichi huffed, closing his bento.

"Thanks for the food."

Yuuichi hummed briefly and coldly. The trio sweated. Yamamoto couldn't stand the tense atmosphere anymore. "U-um." The twins turned to him almost immediately, making him even more nervous than he already was.

"Something happened?"

Ryuuichi furrowed his eyebrows, finally noticing how the three were uncomfortable. Yuuichi noticed as well. They both sighed in unison. (It freaked Tsuna and Gokudera a little. How was the twin able to do that? Yamamoto seemed to be immune to it however.) Ryuuichi leaned back, his hands supporting his weight as he loosen himself.

It wasn't a war, nor a fight. Not exactly. The previous night, days after their parents went to Italy for work, Yuuichi had suddenly told him that he wanted to be in the mafia and wanted to train. Of course, Ryuuichi refused to let him. Ryuuichi didn't want his brother to be involved, despite Yuuichi already was, and he tried to persuade him not to.

But Yuuichi was adamant about his thoughts. Which then, led to an argument.

He was already tired of it, fighting with his brother. They rarely fight, but that doesn't mean they never fought. Though, most of the time one of them would gave in after a few hours. This, was different. None of them wanted to give in. Ryuuichi could feel his own restrain killing him, yet he refused to let it go.

"Ask him." He said curtly, looking away.

Yuuichi placed his chopstick down, his lips tugged down and scowling. "Why don't you say it?" Ryuuichi mirrored his scowl as he turned to him. "You started it." Yuuichi clicked his tongue. He closed his bento box and placed it aside. "I'm joining the mafia."

The other three blankly looked at him before Tsuna suddenly exploded. "W-what?!"

"I. Am. Joining. The. Mafia."

Gokudera frowned. "This is not a game, Yuuichi." He jolted back when Yuuichi shot him a cold glare. "Of course I know." Of course Yuuichi do. He had thought about it for almost a year. He knew of the risk, of the chance of death, but he still wanted to.

"And if you knew, why don't you just give up." Ryuuichi bit out. Yuuichi twitched, a vein popped. "I'm not going to." Somehow, Ryuuichi lost his composure. "You haven't seen everything, Yuuichi. It's not a place for you. You cannot!" And Yuuichi lost his.