Locked

The smile never left his face even when Ryuuichi backed away, fear and uncertainty clear in those dark brown orbs. He had expected that reaction. He had long expected that.

"I'm sure you know who am I"

Ryuuichi stayed silent. His lips tightly sealed as disbelief flashed brightly in his eyes. His whole being ran cold. "Lies" He hissed out. Amemori didn't falter. "But you knew I wasn't lying" Each syllabus of his words had Ryuuichi shaking internally. He wanted to deny it. He wanted to deny the truth. He wanted to deny everything about the teen in front of him

And yet, he couldn't.

He knew who Amemori is. He couldn't believe it, and he found it absolutely absurd, but he knew it was the truth. However, as much as he knew that, he couldn't make himself believe it. He just didn't want to. He took in a shaky breath and steadied himself, harden his heart. His hands curled tightly up into fist, nails digging into his palm.

"Why are you here, Alex?" He said slowly.

If anything, the smile on the other's face brighten a fraction. "I thought that you would ask how, but well, you're never really the expected one." Amemori chuckled and leaned back slightly, his hands supporting him. "To start a new life, of course."

Ryuuichi almost snarled, but he managed to stop himself the second before he did. "Who brought you here?"

"I did." Out of nowhere, Caelum appeared. He stood between the two, a solemn look plastered on his face. Ryuuichi whipped his head to the deceased man and growled. "What?" Caelum sighed.

"Before you say anything, yes. I did erased your existence from your previous world." He frowned. "However, your friend here, is different. You see, people from the other world shouldn't be able to see me under any circumstances. Him, on the other hand, did." Ryuuichi knew that there were people who can see things others usually can't, but he didn't knew the teen in front of him could.

"The first time I erased his memories, it didn't last for more than a month. When I went to erase again, he saw me." Caelum hand flailed weakly. "How should I know he would. And then, apparently, he doesn't belong in that world as well. His case is different than yours, but I don't know what caused it as well"

Ryuuichi just wanted to throw something at him at that very moment. "Then what makes you so sure that he belongs here?" When Caelum gave him a rather unimpressed look, he did threw the bandage that was on the table at him. The man wasn't unfazed by that as he merely tilted a little to the side and dodged it fully.

"He can't see me right now, can he?" Ryuuichi raised an eyebrow at that and looked back at Amemori. (Alex, he's Alex, Ryuuichi wanted nothing but to forget it) Amemori smiled at him when he realized that Ryuuichi was looking at him. "Are you talking to the man who brought me here?"

He looked back at Caelum and gave him a 'What the actual hell' look. Caelum sighed again and suddenly, he became more, solid. Ryuuichi caught the flash of surprise and the very visible jolt from the other.

"Hello." He ignored how the man greeted Amemori back and asked again. "When?"

"The year after you were born in this world, during the end of winter. During the timeline you were here until we met, merely a few days has passed there. His memories were sealed until he bumped into you"

Ryuuichi stared at him for a period before groaning, burying his face in his hands, kept on groaning non-stop even when it got louder. "What is this piece of crap..." He grumbled. He bit the bottom of his lips and heaved a sigh. "... I broke my promise, didn't I?"

Caelum took that as a signal to leave, giving the current Historian his own privacy. Even though they have the same soul, each of them have their own burden and heart. This is something Caelum knew, did and respect. Similar to how Ryuuichi did to him.