Changing Tides

The bell rang as everyone let out a groan or small cheer. "Alright, class dismiss." As soon as the teacher walked out, the class became noisy. A few immediately rushed out to the canteen for food and some pulled their table together in a group. Ryuuichi ignored all the bustling and stretched feeling a few bones popping.

"Oi Shiro!" He twitched when the said teacher popped in again. "Come help me carry some things. Bring a friend or two to help as well." He replied with a long 'Yes' before turning to his brother. Yuuichi pouted a little and nodded. "Can I help too?" Amemori suddenly asked, smiling.

Ryuuichi merely shrugged and made a beeline to the door, following the teacher as Yuuichi informed Tsuna and the others. "Sure~" The three of them followed the teacher to the office, bowing when they passed by a few other teachers. "Here. Take these to the reception room." Sweating a little, they nodded. Simply to say, the files that the teacher wanted them to take was too many, and all of it looked heavy as hell.

Ryuuichi took the initiative to take the tallest stack and carried it away when Yuuichi protested that he was taking too many. Even Amemori voiced out about it. "It's fine, really. I can manage."

He led the way to the reception room while making small talks with his brother and Amemori. Honestly, he was getting more comfortable with Amemori now. Not like how it was in the past, but it was getting better. Briefly, he wondered if it was because he subconsciously knew that Amemori was Alex. Either that, or he had got used to Amemori's presence.

"Excuse me." He used his legs to opened the door and slowly pushed it in order to not accidentally slam it. Hibari, who was sitting by his desk, looked up. He was somehow playing with Hibird and Roll, or so it seemed in Ryuuichi's eyes. "What is it?"

Ryuuichi shrugged. "Koeda-sensei asked us to deliver these." He made way to the coffee table nonchalantly and placed the files on it, huffing. Yuuichi was a beat behind him and did the same. Blinking, he turned to rather blank-faced Amemori, as though he was in a trance. "Hibiki? What's wrong?"

Snapping out of it, Amemori finally trotted towards the coffee table. "Nothing." Ryuuichi raised an eyebrow at that, but said nothing more. Instead, his attention was diverted when Hibari suddenly came up to his side and opened one of the files. He took a peek and found out that it was the third year students record. "Uwa.. Did they seriously wrote this down?" He pointed at one of the column that apparently wrote the EQ level. "Shouldn't IQ be enough? Then again, should these kind of things be written down at all?"

"No. The teachers were bored on that year, apparently." Ryuuichi made a face. "And you allowed it?" Hibari smirked.

"Don't you think it's interesting?"

"Well, yes. But I don't think these should be taken account of and placing them in the students record which the students probably need to show to the high school they wanted to get into..? Other than the passing of the entry exam, that is."

Hibari said nothing else other than snorting a little. He ruffled Ryuuichi's hair before placing the file back onto the stack, causing Ryuuichi to yelp.

Amemori and Yuuichi merely stood by the side in silence, watching Ryuuichi yelling at Hibari to stop. Amemori leaned towards Yuuichi's side slightly and whispered. "Are they close? Ah, I mean. The Hibari Kyouya, from what I know, is cold in a sense, so this is kind of surprising for me." He quickly added when Yuuichi gave him a weird out expression.

Yuuichi shrugged. "Somehow. Ryuuichi is probably the one closest to Hibari other than Kusakabe-san." He shoved his hands into his pocket and leaned on one leg. "Actually, it wouldn't be surprising if he suddenly date him or something. We're kind of expecting that, Tsuna, Gokudera, Yamamoto, Reborn and I. Dino and our parents as well."