It's not easy

I woke up in an unfamiliar room with light pouring through the windows. There was an arm wrapped around my waist. For
some strange reason, I felt good, I felt...great.

I realized that it was Ryan next to me and he grunted as he woke up. He turned over and stretched.

I checked my phone and I had 6 missed calls from Maggie and 3 texts.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"WHAT THE HELL MADDIE?! ARE YOU OKAY?"

"whatever Maddie, have fun doing whatever it is that you're doing"

I checked the time and she should be awake by now. I decided to call her and she picked up on the third ring.

"Maddie?" She said sternly

"Hi Maggie, listen I'm sorry for not checking in with you last night"

"I don't care. Where were you anyway?"

"I..." I looked over to Ryan who was standing at the foot of the bed, staring at me while shirtless.

"I slept over at someone's place"

"You don't have any friends in the city. Were you with Ryan?"

"Maybe"

"God, way to act like a cheap hoe" she said nastily and hung up.

I was shocked that she would call me that. I can't believe her. Her words actually hurt me more than anything.

"Why would she call you that if she claims to be your best friend?" Ryan asked while running a hand through his hair.

"I...I don't know. She's just stressed"

"You're 22, why is she acting like your mother? That's bullshit" he sighed as he walked into his bathroom.

"I know. I'll deal with her later. I don't have anything to wear and I don't have a toothbrush either" I smiled.

He smiled at me and passed me his while turning on some water for his shower.

"Nancy always leaves her stuff here. There's some of her clothes down the hall in the last bedroom. Take whatever you need" he smiled.

"Thanks. That's generous." I said.

He smirked "you know you could always come in here with me"

I blushed "I think I'm good"

He smiled and walked over to me and took my hands in his "you sure?" He laughed.

I didn't answer and he pulled me closer to his shower as he pulled his shirt off me.

"I think you could use one of these" he pulled off his clothes and pulled me into the shower with him.

The water ran down his beautiful face and soaked his hair.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. I kissed him back as my hands slid up his well-defined arms.

"I think I'll take the day off" he murmured in between kisses.

I softly laughed as my hair got wet. "It's so cool that you can do that" I said.

He grabbed some shampoo and started to wash my hair for me. "It's pretty cool that you're dating the boss. So take the day off" he said with humor in his voice.

"And do what?" I asked while closing my eyes.

"We could go out and get you some clothes, then go have some lunch and go to the new gallery opening at The Met"