Spotlight

I woke up in his warm arms to sunlight streaming through the window. He shifted over to his side and continued to sleep. I got up and went to go wash up in the bathroom.

I put on a tank top and a pair of shorts as I made my way downstairs to make Ryan some breakfast.

While he was sleeping, I managed to make pancakes and a fruit salad with some coffee. In about half an hour, he descended down the stairs with his suit jacket over his arm.

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" He asked as he threw his jacket on a chair.

I smiled at him "I'm better" my voice sounded raspy. He saw the breakfast on the island "this Is for me?" He asked.

I nodded "yeah! I made it because you have that interview today and because you took care of me"

He laughed lightly "thank you" he started eating as I came up to him and hugged his shoulders.

"I'll go pack my stuff" I said.

He looked up at me and grabbed my wrist "no please don't go" he said.

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion "why?"

He adjusted his neck tie "I want you to be here when I come home"

I laughed "you're such a charmer. I need clothes and I have rent to pay"

He shrugged "so? You could move in here for all I care. My driver will get your clothes"

"Ryan we've been dating for 3 days. I don't want to cause a big scene in the eyes of your 'fans'"

He walked over to me and took my hands "I don't give a shit about my "fans" I have this interview to go to and I want you to be here when I come back. By the way, if you tune into channel 8 at 10:30 you can watch it. George will get your clothes."

I cocked my head and he mocked me. "Ryan..." I said.

He copied me with a high-pitched voice. I laughed "shut up. Fine, I'll even cook dinner for you like a house wife"

He smiled "house wife seems like the perfect title for you"

His phone buzzed and he checked it quickly "I have to go. I'll see you later" he gave me a quick kiss and left.

My clothes came in about 1 hour later along with my laptop and shoes.

I decided to "tune in" on the interview at 10:30 so I turned on the tv. And sure enough, Ryan was sitting in front of a woman wearing a blue dress and her boobs were sticking out way too much for my comfort. Ryan didn't seem phased.

"Hello everybody I'm Alicia and I'm here with the lovely Ryan Saunders. Tune in to hear about the details of his brand new upcoming love life"

He smiled and waved at the camera. 20 minutes later after a bunch of commercials, the interview came back on.

"So Ryan, we speculate that you're dating again? Who is this lucky lady and where did you two meet?"

"Well her name is Madeline and she just happened to have dropped by my office for a job interview and when I saw her for the first time I just knew that I had to be with her"

"That's so sweet. So how old is she?"

"She's 22"

"Right and you're 26, so there's a bit of an age difference. Is Madeline a long term girlfriend for you?"

He nodded briskly and smiled. "We've been dating for a short period of time and I do see her in my future. She's a sweet woman and she's truly captivating, always smiling"

"Sounds like you really like her. How do you feel about the media being all over her? She is a beautiful woman. Could be a model"

"Well I don't like that other men picture her naked but I am aware that she's very beautiful and she very well could be a model. If that's what she wants to do, then I would have no problem with it"

"You sound like a very supportive boyfriend. She's very lucky to have you. Thank you for coming here today. And that's right folks, Ryan Saunders is officially off the market, and you heard it here for the first time!"

He smiled and shook her hand as another commercial started playing.

About half an hour later, Ryan called me.

"Hey babe" I said as I answered the phone

"Hey, I just got invited to this event tomorrow, care to join?"

"Of course. What's it for?"

"It's an event for the philanthropists who've raised the most money for St.Jude's hospital. Just a red carpet and some dinner"

"I would love to. I need to dig out a dress" I laughed.

He laughed along "did you watch the interview? How did I do?"

"I did. And first, thank you for saying all those sweet things about me. You did great, fantastic even"

"Well I did mean that you could model. Why work at a boring desk job when you could model high fashion clothing?"

I laughed "because I don't think that I'd be a very captivating model"

"Believe it or not, I'm sure that many people would love to have you."

"Fine. Are we betting on it?"

"Hell yes we are. I'm betting a week's worth of sex that I could get you signed with an agency by tomorrow afternoon"

I laughed "alright. If you don't, I get to choose your clothes for a week"

"Ouch, good thing I'll win the bet. You're mine, whenever and however"

"Okay macho man. I'll make some dinner. Pasta and soup sound good?"

"Sounds perfect. There's a bottle of Chardonnay in the wine cooler. Take it out"

"Okay love. I'll see you later"

"Bye baby"

The next day...

I was getting dressed for the even went Ryan stepped into the closet.

"Nice dress, suits you" I was wearing a red dress that went down to my knees with a pair of nude heels.

After we left the house, we were driven to the venue. And sure enough, there was a flock of people taking pictures of us as we arrived.

I took Ryan's hand as we braved through the pictures and questions.

When we were finally able to sit down for dinner, Ryan smiled widely.

"Looks like NY model management is interested in you. You have a casting call tomorrow morning at 9. I won"

He showed me the email as my cheeks grew pink. "Is this for real?" I asked

He nodded "listen you don't have to do this. They won't be stripping you down. Those lingerie shoots will be up to you in the future okay? They want you to wear their athletic line and snap some pics. No one is forcing you"

I nodded "I'll go. Thanks for the opportunity"

He laughed "I'm just glad I get to wear what I want and I get a ton of sex"

I slapped his arm "could you say it any louder? Jesus Christ"

We laughed and mingled with other people for the rest of the night...