Some Things

As I woke up from my deep sleep, I could feel light pouring into my eyes. I heard beeping and the sound of people talking in the background.

"She's awake. Oh thank god" said a deep voice. I sat up and rubbed my eyes to see Ryan standing at the foot of my bed talking with my manager Vicky.

"Darling you're awake" Vicky said as she smiled at me and sat down her huge binder on a chair.

Ryan walked over to me and took my hand in his "you've been sleeping for a good whole day." My eyes widened "a day?!" I sounded raspy.

He smiled at me and I could tell he hasn't shaved for a while because of the beard forming on his face. His shirt was wrinkled and his pants weren't sitting on him properly.

"I want to go home" I sat up and started touching all the wires all over me.

"Hold on, I'll get a nurse" he said as he jogged out of the room.

Vicky looked at me and smiled "glad you're okay Mads. Everyone was so worried!  I postponed your photo shoots for next week so you have a good week of rest"

I rolled my eyes "gee thanks you're so thoughtful. I need to get out of here"

"Hey, I wouldn't stay alone at home if I were you" she said while grimacing. "Who knows what that crazy bitch set up" she said.

I felt my heart rate pick up and I nearly fainted at the thought of what happened.

"Hey it's okay Mads. We're all here for you and so is Ryan. You're lucky to have him. Get some good rest. The company is looking forward to seeing you next week" she smiled while touching my hand.

"Thank you" I said. She smiled and got a call on her phone "sorry, it's my wife. I'll talk to you later. Call me if you need anything okay?"

I nodded and she picked up the phone "hey honey. Yes, I put tommy to bed last night..." She mumbled as she walked out of the room.

Vicky was an amazing woman. With a pixie cut and her 6 foot tall frame, she'd be hard to
miss. Her platinum blonde hair matched perfectly with her icy blue eyes and bright white smile.

She had just recently adopted a baby with her wife Sara and was stressed out all the time.

They made perfect parents to that little boy.

Ryan had walked in 3 minutes later with an African American nurse who smiled at me. "Good morning Ms. Slate. I'm Tasha, I've been taking care of you the past two days. How do you feel?" She asked.

"I'm fine, I just want to go home" I said.

She smiled and nodded "okay honey, I'll just take your vitals and take you off your monitors and you'll be good to go!"

She took my blood pressure and temperature as Ryan held my hand the entire time.

"Okay sweetie, I'll take out your IV and you can go change into your clothes while I bring the discharge papers"

I nodded and slowly got out of bed. I hadn't noticed that the hospital gown was completely open in the back until I mooned Ryan while getting up.

He laughed as he helped me up "cute butt" he said.

I almost laughed "shut up" I said as I grabbed the t-shirt and tights off the chair.

I changed in the bathroom and put my hair up in a ponytail. I put a pair of sunglasses over my face and walked out of the bathroom to put on my sneakers.

"I signed the papers. Your stuff is in the car. I'm taking you to my place for the night"

"Thank you, but I'm fine"