How Does it Feel?

I felt pretty in my short white, laced over dress. I sat next to Ryan at a table with his entire family and all his friends.

"My son, you've made me so proud. Let's all share a cheers for his healthy 27" David smiled and raised his glass.

Ryan smiled and thanked everyone, I looked over at him and he looked happy. I put my hand on his thigh and he smiled at me.

"Does anyone have anything to say?" Said his stepmom.

I mustered up some courage and cleared my throat. Francine looked at me and smiled.

"Actually I would" I said.

Ryan looked at me with curiosity, and so did everyone else.

"Well I met Ryan almost a year ago in August when I was desperately looking for a job at 22. He fortunately hired me at his company, and strangely began to look after me. I won't lie, I did enjoy being around him and saw more than what everyone else did. People just saw this big bad wolf but I saw a man that was capable of loving someone. And I was fortunate enough to have that someone be me. I'm so happy that I've been able to spend almost an entire year with him. A year in two weeks to be exact. We've had a few fights here and there and some health related problems on occasion but nothing has made this relationship stronger than the hardships we faced. I feel as if I don't tell Ryan often enough that I appreciate him so much. No one ever tells him that and I want that to change. He works so hard, not only for himself but for the people around him. He loves all of you, he might not say it but I know he does. I'm glad that I get to sleep in his arms every night and hear him tell me he loves me.
I love him more than anything else in the world
And his bad qualities seem to be masked by that. By bad qualities, I mean the fact that he's a major snorer"

Everyone laughed and I smiled. "I can't even be annoyed with his snoring because I love him so much. I'm glad that he was able to see me for
Me and not as some one who doesn't come from billions of dollars. I'm so incredibly grateful that God was able to place Ryan in my life and I thank him everyday. I want Ryan to know that even when I'm being a crazy hormonal girl, that I still love him. I'm IN LOVE with him. Nothing can ever change that, no matter what he says or does will. So
Happy birthday my love" I smiled as I raised my glass.

He stood up and gave me a tight hug. Everyone clapped their hands and whistled. He looked at me and I could see tears forming in his eyes.

"I love you" he said before kissing me.

I kissed him back and he hugged me again.

We pulled away and I rested my head on his chest.

"That was very sweet" said a voice from
The corner of the banquet hall.

All 150 people turned their heads.

To my utter shock and surprise, stood Kate.

Kate, the beautiful, creepy and kind of crazy ex-girlfriend of Ryan's.

"Wondering why I never got to hear him say that he loved me" she frowned while crossing one leg over the other.

"Because I don't. Now get the fuck out of here kate" he growled.

Francine looked panicked "you were not invited Kate, please leave!"

Kate laughed "my question is: why is he saying that he loves some random girl when he can have me. She comes from nothing! I have monkey! I don't need his support. What the hell is wrong with you people?!" She shouted.

"Please just stop. It's his birthday" I said sadly.

She pointed a finger at me and walked up to me "no you stop. Stop all this crap. You're probably just a fucking gold digger who wants all his damn money! I can't believe these people are falling for your little act!"