Sparks

Comment any advice or how you feel about this story! With love...
-----------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~------------

I woke up with a pounding headache and got out of bed to run to my medicine cabinet.

I looked at the bags under my eyes and covered my eyes. Jeez! I looked and felt horrible for some reason.

I took some Tylenol and got dressed in a gray blouse with a black pencil skirt and heels. I curled my hair and clipped half of it up. I put some concealer under my eyes and applied some light eyeliner and red lipstick.

I left my room and went to grab some breakfast. Maggie was reading the newspaper as she looked up at me and then back down to the newspaper.

"Look great" she mumbled.

"Uh...thanks" I stammered. "When are you going to stop being mad at me?" I asked as I prepared a bagel.

"When you wake up Maddie"

"From what?! What have I done?" I asked.

"You're 22 and he's 26, you're fresh out of college and he's a huge CEO, you're from a small town in Massachusetts while his family bathes in gold. Do you get my point?"

"Maggie, when will you learn to look past the obvious? So what if he's 4 years older? I'm a adult, he's an adult. I'm an educated human being and so is he. You can't help your feelings for someone"

She shrugged "fine, but don't come crawling to me when he hurts you!" She called out as she went into her room.

Sheesh, we've literally been dating 2 days.

I left my apartment and took the train down to work.

I walked into the building and went into my office. I hadn't realized that my throat hurt until I coughed and felt like I saw swallowing glass.

I looked in the mirror and my cheeks were bright red and my under eye circles were able to make themselves known even under the pound of concealer.

I coughed again and put a hand on my forehead. I cannot be sick right now...

I sat at my desk and 20 minutes later Ryan walked in.

He smiled at me and then he smile wavered and faded away.

"You don't look so well"

"Yeah I feel like shit" I coughed into my sleeve.

He walked over to me and sat at the corner of my desk. He put his warm hand to my forehead  and shook his head. "You're burning up, go home"

I shook my head and coughed "I really can't"

He took my hands in his "baby, yes you can. In fact, you're going to my place"

I was about to say something when he raised a brow and I closed my mouth. He dialed a phone number and called his driver "hi, yes it's Ryan. Maddie is sick, take her to my place and make sure she has clothes there. Yes, and soup. Thank you"

He hung up and looked at me "George will be here in 20 minutes. You know where my room is"

He stood up and I grabbed his hand "thank you" I smiled as I gave him a hug.